Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
rupertyip
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 3 Arlo cameras but only one of them has the ability to uncheck the Record for a Fixed Length of Time. The others I can't uncheck and must manually set a recording time. Is this by design or is there a way to set all three cameras to record as long as necessary (when there's motion)?

Hardware version: H11

Firmware version: 1.2.10342

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rupertyip,

All cameras should be set to record for a fixed duration. What you see in your screenshot is due to previously having selected the stop on motion feature (which has since been removed).

JamesC

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You might want to power cycle the base. The ability to set recording until motion stops, up to 5 minutes, is onlynfor the Pro and Q cameras, not the original wireless ones. The Pro camera setting had an issue and the option was removed. Right now all wireless cameras should only have the ability to record for a fixed time between 10 and 120 seconds.

rupertyip
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the quick response but for some reason all of the arlo cams has the check box but only one of them has it uncheck. I tried unchecking the others but could not. As you can see from the attached screenshot, this arlo cam isn't restricted by a set time. The others alos have this option but I can't uncheck it for some reason.

Unchecked.png

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try flushing the cache in either the app or browser, whichever you're using.  I suspect that you're seeing old data.  Try the app as well as the browser to verify that the proper display is seen.  You shouldn't see the checkbox nor a 5 second capability.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rupertyip,

All cameras should be set to record for a fixed duration. What you see in your screenshot is due to previously having selected the stop on motion feature (which has since been removed).

JamesC

kev001
Guide
Guide

Is it now posible to untick the record for a fixed length of time on the Arlo pro.

I would like to leave the recording set at 120 seconds and on no motion stop sooner.

Thanks

Sometimes I see the check box is unticked then other times it is ticked.

My recordings seem to be variable lengths suggesting it is working, but the tick box is ticked.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It sounds like you have old software.  I'm not sure if it would be firmware for the camera or the app (more likely). I'd reinstall the app or clear the cache on the browser (or use a different browser). That selection simply shouldn't be there unless whatever you're using has an old page cached.