Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to sync the Arlo with my Orbi

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
lodestar
Aspirant
Aspirant
How to sync the Arlo or Arlo Pro with Orbi router, no WPS button. Do not want to use base station too many wires, mess.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

lodestar wrote:
How to sync the Arlo or Arlo Pro with Orbi router, no WPS button. Do not want to use base station too many wires, mess.

You CAN NOT sync the Arlo or Arlo PRO to the Orbi ( I have one )....

The above BOTH require using the base to connect to ( and the base needs an ethernet port.

But the nice thing about the Orbi, is that if you have two bases one can run from the main unit ans one can run from the satellite giving you a max coverage for your cameras.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

lodestar wrote:

You CAN NOT sync the Arlo or Arlo PRO to the Orbi ( I have one )....

The above BOTH require using the base to connect to ( and the base needs an ethernet port.

But the nice thing about the Orbi, is that if you have two bases one can run from the main unit ans one can run from the satellite giving you a max coverage for your cameras.

Morse is faster than texting!
lodestar
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hate wires...
But sell could sync with regular netgear route without base
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Only the R7k router with appropriate firmware. However, support for that has been pulled. In any event, the Orbi will likely never be compatible. You cvant expect a Ford ECU to work in a Chevy.

lodestar
Aspirant
Aspirant
The question is my wireless cannot cover all the room so I need two base? Seems not sense
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you mean the WiFi from one base won't cover all cameras, you have two choices. 1) reposition the base to allow coverage or 2) use a second base. Your exiting WiFi has nothing to do with Arlo unless you have a Q camera which doesn't have a base.