Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Current Draw for Arlo camera

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
engineerwolf
Follower
Follower

What is the current draw from the batteries for the Arlo camera for the following 2 modes:

1. Camera waiting for motion
  2. camera activated by motion and actively recording and uploading to the cloud

this way I can determine the lifetime from different lithium batteries based on the manufacturers datasheets.

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

engineerwolf wrote:

What is the current draw from the batteries for the Arlo camera for the following 2 modes:

1. Camera waiting for motion
  2. camera activated by motion and actively recording and uploading to the cloud

this way I can determine the lifetime from different lithium batteries based on the manufacturers datasheets.

1) very low prob on order of 10 ma +

2) ( you don't say with IR illuminators on).. But around 150 + without to 250 max on

there' s plenty of info already , no need to vet the cams...read the rechargeable thread.

what are u looking for?

In the real world can say I've hit 8 months ( primary ) cells on very low use cam...just basically armed now and then

Hit just about 4 months on spec use cams with primary cells....

Rechargeables run about the same , for their true rated capacity ( as compared  to primaries )

But your also forgetting the change in draw due to signal strength and other factors

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------