Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to remove enabled devices

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Steve-M
Star
Star

Hi,

Particularly, I’m looking to remove old devices from my friends enabled devices on my end.

My wife just got a new phone, and when I was adding her device to the list I noticed 5 other old devices she no longer has on the list on my end/account login.  I can’t remove them from the list, I can only remove mine.  So, I got her to go into her account, and under 2fa on her end, remove those devices from her account.  There is only one device listed on her account now.  However, all her old devices are still listed on my end/account as friends enabled devices.  

How do I removed those old devices from my end?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Steve-M
Star
Star

We figured it out, and for the benefit of anyone else who may wonder or experience the same thing, I’ll list out what was done.  Thanks @jguerdat for putting me on the right path.  
Here is what my wife had to do to remove her old devices from her account.

1.  Go into settings.

2.  Select Privacy center.

3.  Select Account.

4. Select Available geofence devices.

5.  Delete old devices from that screen.

The admin doesn’t do this, nor do they have the access.  Actually step 4 was not available to me as the admin/account holder.  The friend who was granted access does this from their end, as they will have the menu selection.

After this, when I went into edit geofencing, selected “enabled mobile devices” and under friends, there is now only one device listed (my wife’s new device).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Go to Settings, Data Privacy, Account, Available Geofence Devices and delete as needed.

Steve-M
Star
Star

@jguerdat Thank you, but I don’t see data privacy on my app while in the setting screen.  I’m using v4.12 on iOS. I also don’t see an option to attach a screen capture of my settings screen here. 

Are you suggesting that I do this on my device or my wife’s device. She doesn’t have admin rights. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I ass-u-me-d that the old user interface (UI) that uses Library to view recordings looked the same as the new UI that uses Feed. I have the new UI so can't check what the old one is arranged. Here's an FAQ that should help (this would be done on your account):

https://kb.arlo.com/000062614/About-the-Arlo-Privacy-Center

Steve-M
Star
Star

We figured it out, and for the benefit of anyone else who may wonder or experience the same thing, I’ll list out what was done.  Thanks @jguerdat for putting me on the right path.  
Here is what my wife had to do to remove her old devices from her account.

1.  Go into settings.

2.  Select Privacy center.

3.  Select Account.

4. Select Available geofence devices.

5.  Delete old devices from that screen.

The admin doesn’t do this, nor do they have the access.  Actually step 4 was not available to me as the admin/account holder.  The friend who was granted access does this from their end, as they will have the menu selection.

After this, when I went into edit geofencing, selected “enabled mobile devices” and under friends, there is now only one device listed (my wife’s new device).