Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to extend recording time on Arlo wireless

Discussion stats
IBThinkin
Follower
Follower

10 seconds is not long enough for me.  How can I extend the recording length when motion is detected?

There are no settings under "rules" that allow adjustment of recording length.  But in the forum I've seen people saying there is.  Are they talking about Arlo Q instead of what I have (Arlo wireless)?

Or is there a way to change settings that I have not been able to discover?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Your just not looking in the right place.... time can be from 10 seconds to 2 mins.

Go to MODE, click on the current mode so list appears.

Pick ARMED by clicking on the EDIT pencil

Pick the camera by clicking on EDIT for the camera wanted to change time

Click on the EDIT pencil that is after " RECORD VIDEO"

adjust time by slider

back out and then make sure you SAVE !

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

52 REPLIES 52
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Your just not looking in the right place.... time can be from 10 seconds to 2 mins.

Go to MODE, click on the current mode so list appears.

Pick ARMED by clicking on the EDIT pencil

Pick the camera by clicking on EDIT for the camera wanted to change time

Click on the EDIT pencil that is after " RECORD VIDEO"

adjust time by slider

back out and then make sure you SAVE !

Morse is faster than texting!
Jamynjrod
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks I found it and changed the recording time
Jamynjrod
Aspirant
Aspirant
I get the recording from library but when I click on cameras it says they don't exist. Why
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't click on the counter on the Cameras page - just go to the Library tab and they should all be present.  The counter apparently was causing some issues with delayed videos and notifications and has been disabled for the time being.

jcoffin
Aspirant
Aspirant

After setting Record Vidoe on Motion Detected (in the Mode tab) to 120 seconds, cameras still record for only 10 seconds.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Silly question - is it still set to 120 seconds? If not, make sure you save when changing a setting. You need to save the rule AND the mode.

RODENT57
Initiate
Initiate

Though not necessarily intuatively obvious:

In order to SAVE a setting, you must click on 'BACK" in upper left....then find SAVE at the bottom of the page.

Best of luck!

Peteoscar
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank for the Help, I wish it were longer
DenLizB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Perfect and precise. This is the only good/direct answer I found for the Arlo Pro length of time recording!  The others are not for the Pro and the "instructions" do not apply at all.

jgain3
Aspirant
Aspirant
When using the instructions above for changing recording duration for the Arlo Pro for longer than 10 seconds I do not have an EDIT pencil next to the RECORD VIDEO option. Any ideas why?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
May depend on whether using the app or a browser. Look for a pencil or a > character. Also, it makes a difference if using the master account or a guest account.
M-B-85
Aspirant
Aspirant
My slider to adjust the length of recording time will not slide. How come?
M-B-85
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

M-B-85,

Which App (iOS, Android) are you using? Do you see the same behavior if you use a different device (web client)?

JamesC

M-B-85
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am using iOS. I have the same issue on our Android device as well.
chenyifu
Aspirant
Aspirant

The Edit recording duration is under Mode, click on Armed and you should be able to adjust the duration.

vossler
Aspirant
Aspirant

This threw me into a quandary because I was trying to make this changes via the webpage and you just can't do it there.  I don't know why but you can't.  It wasn't till I gave that up and went into the app when I saw this functionality.

Bdoty
Tutor
Tutor

Bdoty
Tutor
Tutor
Record time on 3 cameras set for 30+ seconds but will only record for 10 seconds. All steps verified but repeated attempts will not change 10 second time.
Should I delete account and restart / sinc cameras for fresh start. Third (newly added) camera has same 10 sec issue.
chenyifu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Looks like the preferred recording time wasn't saved.  I would call Arlo support to figure this out if everything has tried and still didn't work.  The time recording change is made in Mode, under Recording Time, not in Settings.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, try power cycling the base.  Sometimes that's all it takes.

Bdoty
Tutor
Tutor
Mine is Mode, camera to be adjusted i.e. Driveway, front door etc then within - do the following - Record Video. I adjust record time and save.
Am I in the wrong location? A revisit to this location shows preferred time but 10 sec is all I get.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
But WHICH mode? Armed? You down custom mode?
Bdoty
Tutor
Tutor
That was issue. I was setting timers in wrong location. One timer does not set all categories. Got it now.
Thanks.