Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to download video PLUS audio clips if I subscribe to CVR?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
harry581
Tutor
Tutor
I want to be able to download video and audio if I subscribe to CVR to track how my wife talks to me. I wanna have the evidence to prove to other people that she is treating me badly. Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can't download CVR video. You must view it and use a screen capture program to be able to store it locally. Kind of a pain but it does work.

harry581
Tutor
Tutor
I wanna record audio. How to download and record audio from CVR? I can't use a screen capture software to capture audio right ?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

CVR is cloud-based. You can view the video and use screen capture software to manually record the stream as it's viewed which will record the audio, too. You could use a tape recorder or an audio recorder that will capture what's on the stream as you view it. 

harry581
Tutor
Tutor
So you mean I can't record the audio then? Because my 2 Arlo Q only records for 2 minutes each clip. There is a gap between video clips. I wanna capture my wife talking, i wanna capture audio. so I don't like gaps between video clips. That's why I wanna know if the CVR is any better for recording audio that I can capture from Arlo website. You mean I can only capture video from Arlo website and not audio?
harry581
Tutor
Tutor
What software do I have to use to capture both video and audio? Thanks.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You need to read the FAQs here to understand the various features. Normal recordings are time-limited while CVR is a continuous stream of video and audio. The major difference is that the CVR stream can't be downloaded - it would be huge. You have to view it using the Arlo website or app. While viewing, you can use screen capture software to record it locally for your long-term usage. It will record both the video and audio.

I happen to use paid software for screen capture but a quick Google for screen capture software gives you options. Here's one:

https://www.pcmag.com/news/349410/how-to-capture-video-clips-in-windows-10

It sounds like you need to contact a local person for help with this. It's well beyond the scope of these forums.