Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to change 2 step verification to my phone?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
slufsey
Follower
Follower

I have 3 cameras and there has been an increase of thefts in the area.  So, when I log onto Arlo from my phone it sends a two step verification to my husbands phone.  He is unable to accept due to his working environment (he works in the steel industry) and I work 60 miles from home in a hospital.  How can we change the 2 step verification to my phone?  Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@slufsey wrote:

So, when I log onto Arlo from my phone it sends a two step verification to my husbands phone.  He is unable to accept due to his working environment (he works in the steel industry) and I work 60 miles from home in a hospital.  How can we change the 2 step verification to my phone?  Thank you.

There are two aspects here.  One is that your husband could simply add your phone to the trusted device list - so he wouldn't need to verify your log in.

The other is that you are apparently sharing the same account with your husband.  This isn't ideal, because you can only have one log in at a time.  Normally you'd have two separate accounts, and use friend access to share the cameras from the primary account to the friend account.    If you use two accounts, then 2-step verification for your account would come to your phone, and 2-step verification for your husband's phone would go to his.  https://kb.arlo.com/000039122/How-do-I-add-friends-to-my-Arlo-account