Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

How long can the included batteries last?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DylanPan
Follower
Follower

Hi,

How long can the included batteries last? Are they chargable? If not, where could I buy the batteries?

Regards,

Dylan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

DylanPan wrote:

Hi,

How long can the included batteries last? Are they chargable? If not, where could I buy the batteries?

Regards,

Dylan

The OEM batteries can last a long time.... My OEMs run just about 4 months with spec on best video.

They are not rechargeable, tho Netgear is coming out with approved rechargeables in the new year

( many overated,fake, poor made batteries caused Netgear not to recommend rechargeables )

( tho many do but use quality name brands )

Thread is a 65 page thread on rechargeables

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

DylanPan wrote:

Hi,

Regards,

Dylan

The OEM batteries can last a long time.... My OEMs run just about 4 months with spec on best video.

They are not rechargeable, tho Netgear is coming out with approved rechargeables in the new year

( many overated,fake, poor made batteries caused Netgear not to recommend rechargeables )

( tho many do but use quality name brands )

Thread is a 65 page thread on rechargeables

Morse is faster than texting!
NETthisGEAR
Apprentice
Apprentice

As Tom mentioned they will last 4-6 months and some a

To be clear since you didn't mention if it was Pro or not, there are rechargeable batteries available for both versions. The original Arlo, however does not come with rechargeable batteries, you need to get the approved rechargeable batteries - you can find them on Amazon.

Here is a link to the rechargeable batteries for the original Arlo