Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

The night mode has stopped working

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
TrentnDra
Aspirant
Aspirant
The wireless camera is only 6 months old, batteries are at 50% and the camera is detecting motion however everything is dark like the night vision isn't working. I have 5 camera and it's occurring on only 1. Can someone help please
7 REPLIES 7
jasonx101
Apprentice
Apprentice

Have you tried resetting the pan and zoom feature?

There seems to be a bug where if the pan and zoom has been changed the camera either goes completely black or completely white when in night mode.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Also open and close the battery door. It might be in a strange condition.
TrentnDra
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for getting back to me. Neither of those suggestions worked 😢 I even tried re-syncing the camera with the base and still nothing but blackness. I've noticed one of my other cameras going really dark at night too. I've adjusted the brightness indicator and it didn't change. DESPERATE FOR HELP 😢😢😢
manfredz
Hero
Hero

Any chance you could have accidentally turned off night vision in the cam's video settings?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

To see if it's hardware, bring the camera to a dark room and trigger motion.  Do the IR illuminators light up dull red? What happens if you use live view in the room? Any difference?

TrentnDra
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi there thank you so much for your suggestions. I tried the above and no change 🙁 I'm thinking I might have to get them looked at. They're still under warranty as they're less than 6 months old. It must be a firmware bug. If you have any other ideas though I'm willing to give anything a go. Thank you again for the suggestions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.