Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
doncaruana
Guide
Guide

CEO Matthew McRae said on twitter that if you had previously opted out of marketing you won't get the offer. He also promised details for people to get said email. Can we get them here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you've not received a discount offer via email, visit https://www.arlo.com/en-us/eol-offer-form.html and enter your email address, if your account is eligible you will then receive the discount offer via email.

JamesC

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
doncaruana
Guide
Guide

CEO Matthew McRae said a discount offer is going out via email to people affected by the EOL decision but if you opted out of marketing you won't get it. He also promised details for those folks to receive said offer. I opted out long ago and have no offer. How about the good folks at Arlo post those details here so everyone affected (I have Arlo Pro so I now have less than 3 months), can figure out what their options are?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

doncaruana,

I've escalated this concern and a customer care representative will be reaching out to you with more information as soon as possible.

JamesC

AshTray900
Luminary
Luminary

What kind of deals do they have for legacy customers that have EOL cameras.

I only would need one top of the line camera , the newest and best one plus the solar charger for it. I am not willing to pay the 300 bucks it looks like they are asking for them.

I can then drop my 5 camera monitoring down to one saving me money and giving me less hassles down the road.

I only really need one that notifies me, the old ones can just save files to the base with no service and eventually die off without my concern, I just got them with a pack and decided to mount them all up because I had them.

the best camera, a baseless one, and a solar charger so I can just let it do its thing without hassling with it using chargers

i have not gotten any emails like others have talked about, a 50% discount might make it worth it to put just one in for the front that will charge itself with the sun and not need to use my ancient base station. It would also be a less expensive ordeal to replace down the road being just one.

leonhwang
Initiate
Initiate

The loyalty offer is a coupon you still have to pay for to get the service you want.

I don't need to upgrade my devices. 

I don't need a subscription.

I was supposed to get free 7-day cloud storage.

This is undoubtedly a false advertisement and definitely illegal!

AshTray900
Luminary
Luminary

@JamesC 

Please ensure I am offered this as well, thank you

Frostbach
Star
Star

@JamesC 

According to Matthew McRae there is going to be a link we can follow (coming next week) to get the offer.
https://twitter.com/mbmcrae/status/1611199610256756736?s=20&t=OqMtDoTvwQvz6YEI6-kyPw

Is this accurate? Why is all of this communication about this being done through random tweets and not being posted on this website?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

What kind of deals do they have for legacy customers that have EOL cameras.

No discounts have been listed at this time TMK...

doesn't mean it may not happen, It's up to Arlo.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AshTray900, Frostbach

Eligible customers will receive an email including a link for the offer. If you meet the requirements and should have received an e-mail, but did not, this is likely due to having opted out of marketing e-mails from Arlo.

I will follow up with a care agent for each of you and see about getting someone to reach out with more information.

JamesC

JarheadTN
Guide
Guide

I received the EOL email and as far as I know I have not opted out of anything.  I have not seen an email for legacy owners to receive a discount on new equipment.  Can I be included in this?

Willydc26
Aspirant
Aspirant

We also have not received this offer can you please look into this for us as well? Thank you 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you've not received a discount offer via email, visit https://www.arlo.com/en-us/eol-offer-form.html and enter your email address, if your account is eligible you will then receive the discount offer via email.

JamesC

doncaruana
Guide
Guide

@JamesC 

Um... I got "Oops. Something went wrong." registered my arlo pro system in 2017. What do I do now?

AshTray900
Luminary
Luminary

@JamesC 

It worked for me, thanks

By chance do you know if the old Arlo pro 4030 cameras will connect to the base that comes with the ultra 2 system?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

doncaruana,

Are you still having a problem today? There was an issue when the page first went live but this should now be resolved.

AShTray900,

Yes. You can take a closer look at compatibility for each model here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062284/Arlo-SmartHub-and-Base-Station-Compatibility

JamesC

doncaruana
Guide
Guide

@JamesC - Thanks I'm good. I was monitoring it.

LazyInc
Initiate
Initiate

Is this offer extended to international customers? I'm in Australia and have received the EOL email but nothing else. The application form for the discount code also stipulates that it's for US customers only. Is there no love for international customers?

I should also point out that I entered my email address and got... "We’re sorry, based on the email address provided, you are not eligible for the EOL offer."

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

LazyInc,

At this time, the offer is for US customers only. If an offer becomes available, you will receive an e-mail with the details if eligible.

JamesC

AshTray900
Luminary
Luminary

@JamesC 

I was able to purchase a small camera system with the promotion however after filing taxes I would have liked to use that discount for more cameras and get rid of more legacy cameras, I previously had 5 cameras, replaced it with the two camera ultra system, is it possible for me to get that discount for replacing the other 3 as well?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AshTray900,

I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information.

JamesC