Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Kiwiflanker
Follower
Follower

6 REPLIES 6
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Not possible at this time.. Images/Videos are stored in Arlo Netgears Cloud Server Only and you can download it from there thru App or Web browsers.. If you want you can give kudos to someone here who posted to get a chance to be implemented..

SuperPiski
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi!

For a security system, storing in the cloud instead of a local hard disk drive is a must.

Think that if some one breaks into your home and see a camera, will 1) destroy the camera 2) check where the camera is sending images and crash that also.

If you are using a hard drive... bye, bye all the proofs.

In my case I have protected the arlo hub with a UPS.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The base station protected by a UPS is useless if it can't send the data to the servers.  Thus, you need to also connect the modem and router to the UPS.  A nefarious person cutting your phone or cable connection is beyond the control of the UPS...

thangtn3
Guide
Guide

Better is to be able to record on your own cloud and have a local copy connected to your network but hidden.  No power, no internet = no records!

rynegold
Guide
Guide

What do you all mean by a "UPS"?

edit: I found it... so what/where would you buy a UPS  for the arlo systems?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just for edification, it's an Uninterruptible Power Supply. You can get them at most electronics places, including Staples, Best Buy, Amazon, etc.

I really need to test my 750VA unit for runtime with my modem, router and base station connected...