Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
edalemo
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I click on Mode only the base station is listed as a device.  My camera does not display as it does in Settings.

12 REPLIES 12
manfredz
Hero
Hero

when you go into modes, it should list you different modes including the one you are using.

edit the mode you are using, go into the cam you wish to change length for

go into record video, change the length, go back and at the bottom you'll see the save button.

edalemo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I want to use the Schedule mode so the system does not reord during the day.  When I click on the mode I do not see any options for editing

manfredz
Hero
Hero

schedule itself is not a mode.

you edit the mode/modes you use and then put them in the schedule

edalemo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can you help me with that? Say I create a mode acalled Timing. How do I insert that in schedules?

manfredz
Hero
Hero

If you click on the contact support button on the bottom of this and every forum page one selection is to access the knowledge base which has a good video on modes and schedulong.  Take a look there.  One thing to watch for in your schedule is you cant make an entry over midnight but make two entries, one until midnight and one after midnight.

If that still doesnt tell you enough, feel free to ask again.

Alec1
Tutor
Tutor

I do not have a "Save" button showing when I alter the length of recording that I want, it keeps going back to 10sec. ( Most frustrating )

manfredz
Hero
Hero

Are you sure you're looking at the bottom of the right screen?  Often have to scroll down.

Here's better step by step from another post:

To adjust Arlo video recording length:

1. Launch the Arlo app or log in to your Arlo account at arlo.netgear.com.
  2. Tap or click Mode.
  3. Select the base station or camera that you want to adjust.
  4. Tap the pencil icon or click > next to the mode for which you want to edit recording length.
    Note: You cannot adjust recording length for Disarmed or Schedule modes, only for active modes such as Armed.
  5. Tap the pencil icon or click > next to the rule that you want to edit.
    If the mode only has one rule, it is preselected.
  6. Tap the pencil icon or click > next to Record Video.
    Note: If Record Video is not selected, you cannot edit recording length.
  7. Select Record until activity stops (up to 300 sec) or select Record for a fixed length of time and move the slider to your preferred recording length.
  8. Tap < Edit Rule or click Back.
  9. Tap Done or click Save.
    Your recording length is updated.
Alec1
Tutor
Tutor

The Save button is greyed out so I cannot click on it ----anyone explain ???

manfredz wrote:

manfredz wrote:

when you go into modes, it should list you different modes including the one you are using.

go into record video, change the length, go back and at the bottom you'll see the save button.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Usu the button is grayed out only when selecting "do nothing"

I would power button reboot the base unit.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Alec1
Tutor
Tutor

I DO NOT HAVE A "SAVE" BUTTON --THE ONE THAT I DO HAVE IS GREYED OUT AND I CANNOT MOVE THE SCREEN VIEW DOWN,

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Less coffee maybe 🙂

Try it on a PC at     https://arlo.netgear.com/

Morse is faster than texting!
edalemo
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK, I think I've got it. What was not clear was that after checking Record Video there is a > symbal to the right. To set the time length you have to click on the >, set the lenght, then go back to the previous screen to save that change. Not clear, not intuitive, and not how it was described in the video.

Nonetheless, thanks for your help. Now off to the kitchen to fix my martini.  🙂