Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How do I change recording length?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Jen441
Follower
Follower

Now I can't find where to change how long each camera records.

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jen441,

After you click mode and select the device id you should see all of your modes. Click the pencil icon for the mode you want to edit and you will then see a list of rules for that mode. Click the rule you want to edit and you will then see all options available for that rule. To change motion sensitivity click the pencil icon next to the "Record Video" option.

For more information take a look at this article: How do I create and define Modes & Rules?

JamesC

jameser
Aspirant
Aspirant

After the recent software upgrade I had found that the recording time had reverted back to 10secs.  But all is good now after going into Modes/Edit rule/ Record video 🙂

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

all the settings of the new ARMED ( and some of my old rules in custom modes ) reverted to default settings ;  80% sense and 10 sec record... so check all of them.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
jgandhi19
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has anyone else had issues with their length of recording after the update?  I have settings to record at either 10 or 30 second intervals, now they record to 14 or 34.  Makes no sense. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes... all mine set to 10 secs go to 14 sec in lenght

Morse is faster than texting!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo team discovered that our software has been incorrectly adding a few extra seconds to the record time. We hope to resolve this issue as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your patience.

JamesC