Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How To Setup The Siren Triggering With Camera

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Gemstone008
Tutor
Tutor

Hi all. I have 3 x VMC3030 standard HD cameras linked to a Pro Base Station. I want to be able to have one of my cameras go to straight to siren when motion is detection. I can’t workout how to do this and now believe I need a Pro or Pro2 camera to have this additional feature. Are my thoughts correct?

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, onlythe Pro bases have the siren. You can purchase one separately to add to your system or use it to replace the current base.

Gemstone008
Tutor
Tutor

Hi - I have the Pro Base unit already. I also have the basic cameras (hd smart vmc3030). My question relates to whether I need to buy the Pro Camera in order to be able to use a rule where motion detection can set off the siren automatically. Or can the basic camera do this also? Thanks.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The siren is a function of the base by itself - the cameras have no interaction other than to detect/record. So any camera can cause the Pro base to sound the siren when set up properly in the camera rules.

Gemstone008
Tutor
Tutor
I’ve read that it’s possible to set a mode where the Pro camera can trigger the siren automatically when motion is detected. This is what I’m after (apparently it’s called Smart Siren). My question is whether the basic VMC3030 camera also has this functionality?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes. AGain, it has nothing to do with the camera other than it detects. You can build a rule using the Add Device selection inside the rule to sound the siren.

Gemstone008
Tutor
Tutor
Very helpful sir. The ‘add device’ selection inside the rule is what I was after. Now makes total sense. Many thanks for your time with this query.