Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 40 Replies
  • 13 Likes
  • 15 In Conversation
Brianr911
Follower
Follower

it would be nice to schedule each camera individually. Say, i want th driveway and in front of house cameras only to come on at night. I think that having a schdule for each camera would be a nice feature, instead of turning on and off each camera every day. I have a lot of acitivity during the day and not as worried as night time. Right now i see the feature of scheudle, although it controls all 3 cameras i have for armed, or schedule and does not give you an option for each camera. I noticed that the doorbell ring product has a motion light that has a schdule feature built into it that people are loving. Hope to see an update soon! Thanks

40 REPLIES 40
BLTRA
Aspirant
Aspirant
So I think I have the modes figured out and the schedule. However, I would also like to set one camera on geofencing instead of a schedule.

For example, I have 4 cameras on my Base Station. 2 cameras on the outside of my house are armed all the time, but I would like to set the 2 indoor cameras to arm when I’ve left the geofenced area. I can’t see how to do this with the schedule set as well.
BLTRA
Aspirant
Aspirant
New to the Arlo community so apologies if I’m replying in the wrong place! So I think I have the modes figured out and the schedule. However, I would also like to set one camera on geofencing instead of a schedule.

For example, I have 4 cameras on my Base Station. 2 cameras on the outside of my house are armed all the time, but I would like to set the 2 indoor cameras to arm when I’ve left the geofenced area. I can’t see how to do this with the schedule set as well.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Geofencing is on a global basis. If you really need that for only one camera, you'd need a second base station with that camera synced to it so it can be operated alone.

carbonyle
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks a lot! I was still missing the logic of the modes/rules and I was actually about to buy another base to differentiate interior and exterior cameras but it's not necessary if you set the rules right. And it's actually is really useful since you can trigger other cameras when some get triggered. For instance, I have a fairly long driveway and it is very convenient to be able to trigger multiple cameras as soon as the first one senses something. 

Tderby
Initiate
Initiate

This is by far to least intuitive plan to simply set different times to activate two cameras.  Why cant you just select a camera and tell it what to do?

Trf0ster
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you!!! I have been trying to figure this out for a year. It is not intuitive at all!!
Blecher
Aspirant
Aspirant
How do you set up each camera with different start and stop times.
Each time I add a schedule and select the mode that I grouped my camera into,the schedule only shows times that are independent. I will not allow me to overlap cameras within the schedule. .
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Blecher

I have attached an article that will help with setting up the schedule mode.

How can I set a schedule for my camera in my Arlo account?

Blecher
Aspirant
Aspirant
The article says to select a device in Mode.
When I click mode, I see
Armed
Disarmed
Schedule
Geo fencing
And 2 custom modes i created
Front and driveway
Back yard.
My issue is this.
When i schedule the back yard to record from 7 pm to 7 am
Those hours on the schedule seem to be set. All good there
But when i try to set front and drive for the same time. The schedule only shows the last choice. I do not see both modes on the schedule on the same day.
CDRK
Star
Star

You need to set up a separate mode for each combination you want to schedule, and then schedule each on of those modes throughout the day.  Example: set up a mode "ALL" that includes your Front, Backyard, and Driveway cameras, and another mode "DAY" that includes Front and Driveway cameras.  Then in schedule, schedule ALL from midnight to 7 AM, DAY from 7 AM to 7 PM, and ALL from 7 PM to midnight

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

If you are trying to add multiple cameras for the same time block, you can add a rule for that device under the (+ Add Rule section).

hoganhaley
Tutor
Tutor

I have to say. This is insanely unintuitive and complex. For the life of me I do not understand how they could not develop something far simpler. I cant figure it out how to do this. At the VERY least, there should be a step by step description as how to program 3 different cameras for 3 different active times. And I cant see where we have that description.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@hoganhaley wrote:

. I cant figure it out how to do this.

With 3 cameras, it can always be done with 6 custom modes, plus ARMED and DISARMED.

ARMED enables all cameras, DISARMED disables them all.  There are 6 more combinations:

• just camera 1 enabled
  • just camera 2 enabled
  • just camera 3 enabled
  • camera 1+2 enabled
  • camera 1+3 enabled
  • camera 2+3 enabled

With all 8 possible combinations covered, you can create a schedule that enables any combination of camera at any desired time.  Of course in your particular case you might not need all these modes.

@hoganhaley wrote:

This is insanely unintuitive and complex.

I agree that this particular use case is too hard, especially as you start adding more cameras.

hoganhaley
Tutor
Tutor

OK. I get that part. But what I don't get is the schedule aspect. How do I do a schedule that has different cameras going off/on at various times. I have created the different modes as per above.Because on my phone all I see is a schedule, that when I go to it doesn't give the option for any of the modes

hoganhaley
Tutor
Tutor

I think I figured it out. There is an "Add" in the Schedule Mode at the top left of my iPhone , or middle on my laptop, and there you go (I think, gotta try this out). 

K, thx. But holy. Is this unintuitive. There has to be a simpler way 

hoganhaley
Tutor
Tutor

Yup, it works. Its actually fairly straightforward and logical in retrospect. But Arlo should have Express (& I mean very EXPRESS) instructions for this somewhere. I struggled with this for days before I figured it out and once I did it  takes no time (& thats after months ago packing it in). The actual key was seeing and using the "add" on the schedule mode