Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
kingphish68
Initiate
Initiate

I would love to see a feature option to schedule individual cameras to record at certain times, and at other times be off.

Here is an example of my current dilemma:

I have three cameras ( 2 outside, and 1 indoors in the living room). I can schedule all three cameras to be on or off, but I would like the option to be able to leave the outdoor cameras on, but have the indoor camera turn off when I am home, without having to manually turn it off or try to remember to turn it back on when I get ready to go to bed.

I think this feature would be very useful to many users for them to be able to set separate schedules for each individual camera. Please seriously look in to making this feature available in the very near future.

Thanks!
R. Logan

11 REPLIES 11
Ysabel
Luminary
Luminary

Hi, this kind of feature is available on your mode. In order for your to schedule different cameras, you need to create a custom mode (go to mode and click add mode) first so that when you do a schedule on your system you can select what cameras would work 24 hours and what cameras will work on a specific time.

🙂

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Check out the FAQs here for full details on how to create custom modes. Each one can have rules for different numbers of cameras. Once created to your satisfaction, use the schedule to automate switching.

Quickly, use the Mode tab, click on your base and use the button at the bottom to create a custom mode. To add cameras, re-edit the mode.  Any camera without a rule is disarmed.

kingphish68
Initiate
Initiate

I think you all are missing my point. I want the ability to have 2 cameras record 24/7, while the indoor camera only records at certain specific times with the ability to record at more than one specific time of day.

Right now, custom mode & scheduled mode do not allow for that. Also, I do not want to have to create 3 custom modes for each camera because it looks like when you are trying to set a schedule, you do not have the ability to override another schedule or have two different schedules running simultaneously (I.e., front door camera running 24/7, daily; while indoor camera is scheduled to run daily from 8:00am-5:00pm)

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Maybe the terminology is what's confusing. No Arlo camera will record 24/7. They can be ACTIVE and ready to record for that period but it will always be based on motion. The only way to kinda get 24/7 is with a powered P2 (or Q) wiht the CVR option. Do you really want  24/7 video? If so, Arlo is likely not for you, even with CVR.

As for needing modes, this is how Arlo has worked from the start. You may disagree with the philosophy but it works.

dugmaz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I understand what kingphish68 is asking because i have the same situation. I work from home so during the day i'll be setting off my indoor camera all the time. I would like the Inside camera to be active only at Night and the outdoor cameras active 24/7.

To clairfy something with both of our asks...we do not want the cameras live filming 24/7. We want the motion to be active 24/7 outdoors and not 24/7 indoor. 

Hope there is a solution for this but so far i'm not seeing it 😞

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's what modes and the schedule are about. Use the Armed mode if you like but in any case you probably want to create custom modes with only the cameras you need at any particular time. Once you have appropriate modes for any time period you want to use, set up the schedule to automate the process.

Read the FAQs here on how to create and modify modes as well as the schedule.

dugmaz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Modes didnt get me the ability to select specific cameras but i'll take another look

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When you create a mode, one rule is created. Save and re-edit to add rules for more cameras.

Brucelee69
Aspirant
Aspirant

In the Custom Mode - Camera 1 & Camera 2

First, I have Scheduled Camera 1 - From 12:01am to 11:57pm then

schedule Camera 2 - From 8:30am to 4:45pm.

But somehow, when I schedule for Camera 2 - From 8:30am to 4:45pm. The schedule for Camera 1 is now 12:01am to 8:29am and 4:46pm to 11:57pm. Not from 12:01am to 11:57pm like I wanted to be.

Can this be resolved with next release update?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've noticed this sort of thing, too. It's new behavior that echoes old behavior. Until maybe a year ago (?) the times needed to be a minute separated from each other and the apparent "missing" minute was actually still active - every second in that minute was included. Then it changed to allow setting the stop and start times to be the same. I was still suggesting the split until another user pointed out that this caused the minute to be disarmed. I tested and found that to be true. Just recently, it has reverted to that minute of separation again so testing will be needed to determine if every second of that minute is armed or not. I haven't done that yet so you may want to try it yourself. Set a temporary schedule and create motion to see if you get a recording.

M-Theory
Tutor
Tutor

I noticed that the schedule modes can not overlap, like having one mode from midnight to 0600 and another 10pm to 0400, nor can you have some cameras on a schedule while others are active 24/7 so I wrote an app to set privacy mode on each camera individually. I would like to see better schedule options in a future update.