Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Help with installing Base station

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Memo1971
Aspirant
Aspirant

I cant instull the base station..my fone dosent discover base station

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I can't tell from your picture what is amber - all of them or just one in particular?

If the power LED is amber, ain't nuttin' gonna work. If the Internet LED is amber, that means the base it connected to the router but the router is somehow blocking access to the Arlo servers. An amber Camera LED means the base needs to be claimed to be able to complete the setup. If the Camera LED is green, it means it's already set up and a camera is connected which could be the root cause here - the person who initially had this system didn't remove it from their account so you can't claim it on your account.

All you can do right now is to press the reset button until the LEDs flash amber and try again. If you don't have green power and Internet LEDs, I would contact Amazon for a swap.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Memo1971

Are you still experiencing this issue with installing your base station?

Memo1971
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You haven't provided any details so we don't know what you see nor what you've tried. For starters, both the power and Internet LEDs should be green. The Camera LED may be off or amber. Your phone must be on your WiFi, not cell service. You can try holding the reset button until the LEDs flash amber, too. Let the base reboot until you get those same green LEDs and try again.

Memo1971
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @jguerdat
I want to thank you about your interest ..i purchased refurbished arlo from amazon .model vms3430 .. i tried several method to connect with base station but i failed ..but you said the both led should be green but in the fact its amber ..just i didn't tried to reset the base because i afraid to loss serial no. or some think
Thanks again

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I can't tell from your picture what is amber - all of them or just one in particular?

If the power LED is amber, ain't nuttin' gonna work. If the Internet LED is amber, that means the base it connected to the router but the router is somehow blocking access to the Arlo servers. An amber Camera LED means the base needs to be claimed to be able to complete the setup. If the Camera LED is green, it means it's already set up and a camera is connected which could be the root cause here - the person who initially had this system didn't remove it from their account so you can't claim it on your account.

All you can do right now is to press the reset button until the LEDs flash amber and try again. If you don't have green power and Internet LEDs, I would contact Amazon for a swap.

Memo1971
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you very much about your interest ..i make reset for the unit and every think is ok