Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Help setting up base to router

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
poolek
Aspirant
Aspirant

I received an older camera and am trying to connect through a Nighthawk router.  It will not connect.  Obviously, it is out of warranty, but the base station and cameras do work.  I have a Gearhead contract, but am unable to speak with a live agent for Arlo.  The virtual assistant is useless.  How to speak with a live agent?

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First only contact to Arlo is via here... https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact

( tho since they are old and you don't have a service plan or trial, the live person is prob out )

Second, the camera running thru the Nighthawk router directly is no longer an option ( tho it was about two yrs ago the sw never really panned out to work 100% ) TMK .

Third, if the base unit is good... ( properly removed from the old owners account ) then set up an account first. Using the web may be easier at   my.arlo.com

Once you set up an account, use the add device / follow directions and the base via ethernet cable to the router should get it to work after the base , add the camera also

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
poolek
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for responding.  The base unit is good. I did set up an account and added the device.  It tried to do a firmware update but was unable to access internet.  The power light shows amber.  However, it does try to boot up (turns green), frequently,  but can't access internet.  I figure the router is the problem.  However I have been in touch with Gearhead and they say no.  I know all equipment is good bc I received from my daughter.  It was working with them.  Yes, they did remove from their account.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@poolek wrote:

The power light shows amber.  However, it does try to boot up (turns green), frequently,  but can't access internet.  

Have you tried a different ethernet cable?  Also, you might want to try a different LAN port on the router.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The power LED being amber is a problem. Could be the base or the power supply. Fix that first.

Dannybear
Master
Master
What I would do is take it back to your daughters place and set it up with your account credentials to prove that it works there. Then bring it back to your place.