Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Gatherer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

We have a nanny starting next week who will be working Tues-Thursday.

Currently, we run our Arlo setup using geofencing with myself and my partner. This is set up to arm the system when we are both out, but run to a schedule when we are home.

My question is, is there any way to change the setup so that the weekly schedule is in home mode Tues-Thur, but using our current geofencing setup the remaining days of the week? That way the alarm doesn't go off when the Nanny is working....:D

5 REPLIES 5
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi Gatherer,

You will need to adjust the schedule in the Mode & set that schedule in Geofencing as Home Mode

I have attached a KB Article that will help with this - How can I set a schedule for my camera in my Arlo account?

Gatherer
Aspirant
Aspirant
Sorry, I don’t see how that will work.
If we set the schedule to be disarmed Tues-Thur in away mode (while our phones are out of house) that’s fine, but there’s no option in schedule to automatically arm when we leave the house on other days.
Essentially what I mean is we lose the functionality of having Arlo automatically arm when we leave the house on days the nanny is not here as we have to use schedule mode.
Do you understand what I’m saying?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I think the best way to try to set this up would be to use the schedule for Away (armed Sun, Mon,Fri, Sat, disarmed Tues. Wed, Thur) and a mode for Home. Basically the opposite of how you have it now. Unfortunately, that's limiting for when you're home.

Maybe something like IFTTT or SmartThings would be useful here.
Gatherer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah, that would mean that we'd lose functionality such as the outside cameras alerting us and recording at night while we're sleeping etc etc.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Without resorting to IFTTT, etc. you may just have to manually change modes/schedule/geofencing to get to where you need it to go.