Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
traceyb
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am thinking about buying the arlo or the arlo pro security cameras.  I wanted to know before I purchase. I have unlimited internet at my house but if I am away and would like to look and see what is going on at my house through my iphone, is there a way I can turn on my data and look and then turn off my data? I do not want to overuse the data on my phone as I just use "pay as you go".

Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're not clear as to who your ISP is. What is the unlimited data - for the house or your phone? Your phone would only use data when actually using the Arlo app. Usually the only issue with the Arlo system and data usage is if you're using a hotspot for you home Internet access. If that's the case then just use the Disarmed mode which will use minimal data (the system has to stay in touch with the servers). Then use the app to live view to check on the house.

traceyb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry I was not clear, my unlimited internet is for the house and I'm not sure what you mean about ISP.  But I believe you answered my question. Thank you for your response!