Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Having trouble logging in to the App with error message

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Cduke1986
Aspirant
Aspirant

Keep getting the message "We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later." I have the cameras for 3 days and for the past 2 days I keep getting the same message off and on. Sometimes it let's me on but most the times I am getting the message. Will it still record even tho it's not letting me sign on? Does this happen often?

5 REPLIES 5
dhiller0217
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same issue!  It's freakin annoying!  I've had the system for a couple years and no, it does not happen too often, but yes, it does happen from time to time, which is really unacceptable considering we rely on alerts for security.  Your cameras SHOULD still record (you can log into the desktop version at arlo.netgear.com and check your library), but you will not be alerted while this is error is going on.. it's an app issue.  No app = no alerts.  Maybe they're updating the app and they'll fix all 697 problems with it!  Hah, yeah right.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @Cduke1986 and @dhiller0217,

Do you have a screenshot that shows this message when trying to log in? What phone are you using and what phone version is it running on? You can also try reinstalling the app to see if that resolves the issue.

Cduke1986
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am using Samsung galaxy 8. I have attached the screenshot of the message I am seeing. I atleast get the message once every day since I have installed it.
Thank you!
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for the screenshot. Have you tried to reinstall the app and see if the issue persists? Does this error occur when you're on WiFi and/or cellular data?

Cduke1986
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you. It happened again this morning. I turned off the wifi and just used my cell phone data and it let me sign in. If it continues I will reload the application. Thank you for your help.