Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Battery drains fast on Arlo Wire-Free camera and how to check firmware version?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
tle0623
Follower
Follower

I HAVE THE ORIGINAL ARLO WHICH I JUST INSTALLED.  IT HAS BEEN LESS THAN 24 HOURS AND THE BATTERY WENT FROM 100 TO 17%  !!!  EVEN HAVE THE VIDEO FEATURE TURNED OFF.!!      AND ALSO HOW DO I KNOW WHICH VERSION OF FIRMWARE IS THE NEWEST?  LOOKED EVERYWHERE ONLINE SO I CAN MATCH IT TO MINE TO SEE IF I HAVE THE LATEST.   VERY FRUSTRATED AS THE BATTERIES ARE EXPENSIVE.   READY TO SEND ALL CAMERAS AND EVERYTHING BACK.   THANK YOU

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Batteries can be drained quickly for many reasons, including the total number of minutes of recording and live viewing, WiFi signal strength and quality between the base and cameras, interference from other 2.4GHz devices nearby, house construction, etc. Restart the base and open and close the battery doors. Do you get the same reading? Bring the cameras closer to the base and see if that makes a difference.

Firmware can be checked by looking at the versions noted for each device in Settings, My Devices, your devices, Device Info and compare to what's listed in the Release Notes section here.