Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
plasmo
Luminary
Luminary

I have had my Arlo cameras since March 2015.  So far no big problems or issues.

I just replaced one of my Arlo cameras 2 weeks ago with brand new batteries (exact same type of batteries that came with the camera) and just got a warning that this camera is now at 0%.  It is in a low-traffic area, and probably only captured <30 short clips since the new batteries have been placed.

The weather here has been getting colder in Chicago (but relatively warm for this time of year). 

Has the cold temperature battery drain bug been fixed? (sorry haven't been on these boards for a while).

I will try resetting the device, but wanted to see if others in cold weather have still been having the battery drain issue.

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

yes the battery issue ( it was reading incorrectly ) was fixed a while back... I've used my cams down to zero F without problems.

If possible move the 'good camera' to where the troubled one is and see if it's the camera or location.  If the "bad" cam dies again with new batteries in the new location, it sounds like a trouble ticket to get a replacement. ( or defective battery which would also get eliminated )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
plasmo
Luminary
Luminary

I'm pretty sure it's not the location, as this particular location has not previously had an issue over the past 9 months, plus it is quite close to the hub.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

the reason also for swappng a good camera with the troubled one is not only location but there is a slight chance the camera is temp sensitive ( defective when cold causing drain ).  This eliminates all possible problems and helps you get a replacement if it is bad.

Since you've used the location before, I prob guess bad battereies first.

Morse is faster than texting!
plasmo
Luminary
Luminary

THanks.

Yes, this location has been used without prior issues for many months.

I tried to reset the camera with the batteries that lasted 2 weeks, but it continued to show 1 bar on the battery.

I ended up resorting to swapping the batteries for 4 new batteries.  So far it shows full battery bar now.

I guess it looks like bad batteries, but will report back if these new 4 batteries die in a couple weeks.