Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Granting Access Invite Won't Work

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Djoneal624
Aspirant
Aspirant

My wife and I are trying to set up our new Arlo Cameras.  

I go to the Grant access portion of my account and fill out all her information, select the cameras, and then send invite.  She has never received an email and we have done this step several times.  We have also tried other email addresses and no one is getting the invitation email. 

I also read that under the grant access portion that once an invite is sent it should show that person as pending under the grant access tab.  None of that is there either.

I spent 1.5 hours on a chat with ARLO support with no resolve.  ANY IDEAS WELCOME.....HELP!!

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I just tried this on both the web and Android app with no problem. Is it still doing this today?

jaaasn282002
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @jguerdat

grant access is not working for me either

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Details. Lots of details.

jaaasn282002
Aspirant
Aspirant
just bought wire free arlo a week ago, i tried several times to use my arlo iphone app to grant access and after i press submit invite button i receive error message "we are sorry, the system is experiencing an unexpected issue". then i tried using a mac and pc computer to log in and grant access and after i press the submit invite i dont get error message but i dont receive no email invite. then i called arlo phone support and was on phone for an hour and cannot get issue resolved. support told me to try a different email and creating a new email, also checked my email spam and junk folder for invite, tried deleting app and logging out and in etc....still not working. any ideas? thanks
Djoneal624
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been trying for 2 months with no luck.  I am currently on chat with support for the second time with no luck.  I am ready to return this product.

jaaasn282002
Aspirant
Aspirant
still doesn't work for me either. im tired of arlo calling me 100 times and saying they forward this issue to a higher level tech. arlo calls me and keeps me on the phone for hours and they still haven't resolve it.
TTWB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Solution!  At least for me.  I had two invitations Pending.  It appears that the emails I was sending to were "blacklisted".  No idea why, as they were normal Comcast email addresses.  Nothing in the Junk folder, etc.  Tech told me I had to clear cache in my PC.  However, I decided to just login to my Arlo on my work PC.  Once in, I deleted the Pending invites (Delte Friend), then send out a new Invite.  It worked immediately.  

If you are having a similar issue and don't have acccess to another PC, try logging in from your phone and sending the invites from there.  Good luck!