Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Arlouser120522
Follower
Follower

Granted access with all permissions shows that access is excepted, but no cameras are viewable in the other persons app. I have granted and deleted access multiple times and accepted the invitation from multiple devices with no success. Customer service is nonexistent. I’m very dissatisfied with the performance of this product.

Best answers
34 REPLIES 34
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

It may also be due to location since only the US currently will have that option as I understand it.

Also, check that you are running the current version of the app.

dasforsyth
Aspirant
Aspirant

Definitely have the latest version of the app, but to your comment - is there a timeframe for when it will be released elsewhere? Does anyone know any other way to trigger the app UI upgrade?

dasforsyth
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok for those of you that encountered the same problem as me (trying to share cameras with a new account, but the new account is in the new UI and the main account is on the old UI) and don't have the option to upgrade if you try to add the Arlo Home Security System from devices? You can click add device, add Pro, add Pro 5 and it will prompt you for the same upgrade. 

Now that both my main and shared to accounts are on the new UI, I can see all the devices shared on the shared to account. I did (something different from the old UI) need to click on the "Home" drop down in the top right of the devices screen and chagne to Home 2 which had all the devices on it. 

Phew! Onto my home assistant config now - just hoping that the Home vs Home 2 doesn't cause any issues when picking up the cameras...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Thanks for this - good to know that the Pro 5 is available when the security system is not.

djmatthis
Tutor
Tutor

Happened to me too - RIDICULOUS that they'd push a UI change for new users that is out of sync with existing users.  Did the upgrade and got a bunch of warnings, apparently the chime is not currently supported in new UI, nor are some of the custom modes for indoor camera I had.

SubiGuy
Aspirant
Aspirant

If you look on the account, the invitation is accepted. But logging in with the accepted account you do not have access. It seems to have happened after Arlo update the app for new login but didn't update the previously created login.

On the same device I can log in with the new account and see the new layout, then sign in with the old account and see the old layout.

PXL_20230305_052034775.jpg

PXL_20230305_052419207~2.jpg

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sooner or later everyone will have the new user interface (UI). It will be automatically migrated so doing it yourself now beats the rush and anxiety.

arlo_everywhere
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank You! Thank You! This is the solution! If you are still using the old UI, grant access will not work until you have upgraded it. Follow the instruction below. OMG almost pulled all my hair out.

From @sdmcgeown 

The first thing you need to verify is if both the primary and secondary accounts are using the latest version of the Arlo mobile app (4.0.1 as of today). Second, both apps need to be using the same UI experience (you can quickly identify this by seeing if there is a "dashboard" option across the bottom of the app main screen after logging in). If you do not see dashboards, we need to force your account to migrate to the new UI experience. To do this, you will need to tap "Add new device", select "Arlo Home Security System" and you should be prompted to migrate to the new UI. After you receive verification that you've successfully migrated your account, you can then leave the Arlo Home Security System onboarding flow and then you should be able to share devices with the friend account.

JustJoseph
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue where I noticed the interface on my partners iOS app have the library but not my android version. Managed to resolved this by logging in my main account using the iOS app (my partner's device) to grant access, then log out and log in using the guest account. Now my main account on android and guest account on my partners ios app both works and can see the devices.

dlp21103
Aspirant
Aspirant

This worked for me! Thank you!