Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Rooo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just received an email requesting a password for my account which I did not make.  I sent an email to arlo, but it came back as undeliverable.   Should I be concerned?

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Where did the email come from? What email address did you send to? Afaik, there's no direct email address for Arlo. Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here and try again.
Rooo
Aspirant
Aspirant

It came from alerts@arlo.com, and link went to arlo@netgear.com.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I think you got a bogus email. Any email from Arlo would likely be from Arlo.netgear.com, not Arlo.com.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rooo,

Password reset confirmation emails will be received from alerts@arlo.com. This is an official address.

This email will be received after clicking the "forgot password" link. Did you by chance click the forgot password link and request a password reset?

JamesC

Rooo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Most definitely did not.  I never forget my password. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rooo,

Manually requesting a password reset using the forgot password link on the log in screen is the only way this email is sent. Does anyone else use your Arlo account that may have used the forgot password link?

JamesC

Rooo
Aspirant
Aspirant
The only possible person who would request password would have been my ex husband...the reason why I got the system in the first place. The cameras are inside my house. But I don't understand if the email addresses were correct, why an email to them were undeliverable.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rooo,

The email address you replied to is only mean to send Alerts, or in your case, password recovery emails. This is not an address that receives emails.

It sounds like a request was made (potentially by the individual you describe above as it sounds like this person is likely to know your email address) to change the password on your account. This however can only be completed by having access to the email you received from Arlo.

If you have any concerns that this user may gain access to your account, I encourage your to change your email address/password, see here: How can I change my Arlo user ID?

JamesC