Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Sandman1045
Aspirant
Aspirant

My cameras are going thru batteries like every 2 weeks the last month. Got about 2 months out of original set of Duracell 123. Only look at cameras about once every other day, no recording. Nothing has changed with my Wifi or router, same as day one. I can't continue to use the system like this, I'll go broke trying to keep batteries in these guys. Any suggestion out there

7 REPLIES 7
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Are they particularly far away from the base station? Are you using good quality batteries?
Is it freezing cold there?

Sandman1045
Aspirant
Aspirant

Using Duracell lithium batteries, cameras are any where from 20-50 feet away. Cameras are only viewed a couple of times a week, motion sensing off no recordings

Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

Could be defective hardware.  I'd open up a case with Netgear.

Juliusy1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I brought 2800 Mah rechargeable off eBay . They them .

Juliusy1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Try them ...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Guaranteed to be a problem. They're only maybe 400mAH in reality. There's a huge thread here with lots of details about these and other batteries, including suggested batteries that are protected and won't potentially melt down you camera (yes, it's happened from batteries like you just bought).

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Juliusy1 wrote:
I brought 2800 Mah rechargeable off eBay . They them .

You just got cheated.... !

Go and read the 60+ pages on rechargeables ( at least the last 15 pages )

NO 123/16340 cell can physically hold enongh chemistry to be more than aprox 700 mahr ! 

Any cell rated higher is to be suspect, AND I hope your cells have over drain/over charge protection to prevent possible fire.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------