Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Glitches today and 2 cams offline

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, these things even happen to me, so I don't have all the answers  🙂

Today 930am i checked all the cameras and all working fine, all batteries reading > 94%

10am, go out and arm 6 Arlo cameras and 1 Q.... from Android phone and all cameras appear in phone and armed( I always check the running man ), logged out

Half hour later check while waiting ( nothing to do ) and find 2 Arlo cameras off line.... no big deal, I'll handle it later.

Get home at 12 noon, those two cameras are offline still, so I grab one and open / close the battery door... No auto resync, still offline.. stratch head here.

I had to physically re sync the two cameras to get them back online ...they had both lost sync, now working again 100%.

Got me, these cams have been running in the same location for over a year.... never any problems.

Thinking that the ARMING of the cameras some how got glitched and the sync was poof. ??

Or after arming they lost connection to base and then lost sync after a time  ( I knew I shouldn't have talked about loosing sync in anothe thread, I jinxed myself )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TomMac,

Are the two affected cameras remaining online after you synced them back to the base station? Have you had any more issues since?

JamesC

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
cam33
Tutor
Tutor

Now I don't worry as even TomMac has been affected...Call out Arlo support we have VIP emergency here need assistance ASAP 😄 **bleep** I am sure they are deaf or pretend to be deaf. What a **bleep**ing night without Arlo I get used to it I can't sleep well now without the thing is working! 

PS: and why everything here is in German I have closed Australia English and what the F it means Absenden though I know it must be the one to click to send out this message. Everything is mad tonight!

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

cam33 wrote:

Now I don't worry as even TomMac has been affected...

Yes, it does happen.... my system has been running for almost two years and this was a new one for me.

But i do know that all computers fart now and then just like my when phone crashes or needs a reboot.

Only part that troubles me is I'll never know why it happened..But I still had the other 6 cams still working at the time and I did test them when entering....

full record on the three I passed and pushes/emails as texts.

XXit happens as they say

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TomMac,

Are the two affected cameras remaining online after you synced them back to the base station? Have you had any more issues since?

JamesC

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

JamesC wrote:

TomMac,

JamesC

Hi james... yes, since re-syncing the cameras have remained online and operational 100%.

Nothing else was done to system BTW... just a re-sync.  Haven't been able to re-create.

( and I've been testing the heck out of them 🙂  )