Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Getting message to activate subscription? Should be grandfathered in for camera to operate?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Prestontrout
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had to reset the base station and the Arlo cameras which are the original wireless ones. Now I get a message that says I must activate a subscription to be able to get the cameras to operate. I should be grandfathered in for being able to have the camera operate and save small video snippets to the cloud

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The free 7 day plan is still in effect for cameras older than the Ultras. What is the exact message you get? A screenshot would be useful. Have you checked Settings, Subscription to see what is shown there?

Prestontrout
Aspirant
Aspirant

The  message is

Spoiler
The device is inactive 

A paid subscription is required to activate the device
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Prestontrout wrote:

The  message is

Spoiler
The device is inactive 

A paid subscription is required to activate the device

Do you have more than 5 cameras that aren't in a subscription?

Prestontrout
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two systems under separate accounts( ie unique emails,…) and different geographic locations. The system that’s not working was factory reset and base station  ‘show up’ but the 3 device get the aforementioned message

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

During the reset and setup process, did you happen to select a Smart or Arlo Secure offering? It may be worth resetting and start fresh again, making sure no options are selected.