Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 34 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
iSage
Luminary
Luminary

- Been having problems with my ARLO Wireless cameras (VMC3030), the ARLO app and even when pulling up the cameras on my computer browser,  for several hours now.
- I have 3 original ARLO Wireless cameras and 1 ARLO Q.
- The original wireless cams did send me Push Alerts earlier this morning (I'm on the east coast of the US) when I left my home, yet the emails notifications as well as the videos in my Library were all delayed (though the count for how many videos there should be was correct, even though it took quite some time for those videos to finally show up!)
- For the last hour or so, the only camera I can go live with is my indoor ARLO Q - my 3 wireless cameras keep showing GETTING STATUS, no matter how long I wait. This is happening not only with my ARLO app on both my iPhone as well as my iPad, but even when using my PC desktop computer browser.
- On the rare occasion I actually get the LIVE buttons for each of the 3 wireless cameras, clicking any one of those 3 LIVE buttons automatically (like within a split second!) produces an error message, such as "Your device failed to connect to the media server".
- Additionally, there are NO icons for any of my wireless cameras (wireless icon, battey icon, or motion icon).
- I have a neighbor 4 houses down from me who is reporting the same exact problems.

- I have restarted my base station, and also signed out of the app (on both my devices)then signed back in,  as well as signed out on the computer browser and signed back in, all to no avail. 

- And as of the past 30 minuters or so, none of the 3 cameras are detecting and reporting any motion at all 😞
--Since I'm not the only one and it doesn't appear to be coming from my end, is there a problem with the ARLO servers today whicjh is causing this??

Thanks for any info and help.
~Susan

34 REPLIES 34
Gatorsfam
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have been having the same problem, "Getting Status" on all my cameras. This started on Saturday, and continues today. All of my batteries are good, I have reset the main thing, and still I'm getting, "Getting Status" on all of the cameras.
Gatorsfam
Aspirant
Aspirant
I receive notifications, but I am unable to view the recordings also. My cameras remain in a getting status mode. And when I can view the recordings out takes anywhere up to 5-10 minutes to view them.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A cloud update has been deployed that should resolve this issue. Please let me know if you continue experiencing delayed content.

JamesC

lwphelps
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have had almost the same issue since July 2 on iPhone app for shared (invited) profile. We have 3 wireless cameras & had to do a base station reset as the cameras were not detecting motion or recording motion. That issue was resolved with the reset, but I'm unable to view live video on my app. All 3 cameras display "Getting Status" and no icons indefinitely. The issue does not happen on my husband's iPhone app which uses the primary account profile.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Iwphelps,

Consider deleting the shared profile from the primary account and reshare. Accept the invitation again and log in to the shared account. Do you still see the same behavior?

JamesC

lwphelps
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for the suggestion! After deleting & re-adding the shared profile, I checked app and the issue was still present. I logged out of the app,, deleted app, power-cycled phone and reinstalled app and the issue was resolved. For what it's worth, I had previously tried the logout, delete & reinstall app with no success.
Smullican
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issue with my Arlo. My husband is the primary and I am shared. He gets live feed but mine say getting status
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can try reinstalling the app and restarting your phone as well as try a browser on a computer, which could help isolate whether it's an issue with your phone, account, or whatever.

cannthomas9328
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am wanting to know why am I getting this error!!!. I live alone and the main purpose of getting this system was because of the neighbor and his 3 pit bulls he allows to run free.  Please resolve this issue soon. I have signed in, signed out, rebooted  contacted cooperate office left message. 

HW VersionVMB3010r2
Serial Number48946673A49B6

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You need to provide more details. App or browser? Have you tried reinstalling the app or use a different browser? What error messages are you getting? What are the LEDs on the base showing?  More detail is better.