Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing with schedules

Discussion stats
  • 27 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation
TheNegotiator
Guide
Guide
Hi,

I have 3 cameras set up as follows:

Geofencing with 2 iPhones. Both mine and always with me.
Geofencing away means cameras are on using a bespoke programme.
Geofencing at home triggers a schedule which basically turns on the cameras using a bespoke programme that will record on motion overnight, but not during the day.
Two cameras will notify me on activity, another won't as I always have a ring doorbell for that location and I don't want multiple alerts.

Geofencing generally works and the system knows when I am at home and not at home. The problem is that when I am at home, I.e geofence home, the schedule doesn't work most of the time meaning that the camera is mainly on at all times using my bespoke programme. It is supposed to be turned off between certain hours but it always records between those hours. Checking it earlier, the system knew I was at home, knew to use the schedule but had picked the wrong time of the schedule. As a result, motion was on when it should have been off. Tapping all cameras disarmed and then back to geofencing resolved this, the system reset and realised it should have been off and is now off. But that should be automatic.

Can anybody please advise me on what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks
27 REPLIES 27
defilade
Apprentice
Apprentice

James the issue isn't about your location, it's more about the fact that the schedule doesn't update the mode when it's supposed to.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Migs, defilade

Geofencing is still a beta feature. More updates improving this feature will come in the future. I have escalated these discussions to the Beta team.

We appreciate your feedback while this feature is being developed.

JamesC

Queenjaw
Aspirant
Aspirant

i too have to log in and reset the system because the schedule often (more times than not) does not record me at home. Frustrating....  I really like the idea behind the geofencing and really would like it to work!

because of that, and at this time, I will not recommend this product to others...shame...