Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing not working. location permanently enabled, access rights enabled, etc. What next?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
steven_conn
Guide
Guide

I have a new roommate who has the newest ios app, and I have enabled access rights for him, he has turned on locations services (at all times), and we have double checked every setting possible yet geofencing still doesn't switch to "home mode" when he comes home (if I'm not there - my phone works fine). His phones name is "Scotty's phone" and I read somewhere geofencing doesn't like phone names with an apostrophe in it. Is that true? I tried chatting this morning but the agent "Chat ended by agent" (so that was worthless) so I guess Arlo isn't interested in helping. Can anyone else in the community help with my geofencing issue? Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey steve_conn,

If you're having problems with your Geofencing not working properly, try looking at this article for troubleshooting steps you can take to improve performance for Geofencing: Why isn't the Geofencing mode working?

If you're still experiencing problems, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

rye_whiskey
Apprentice
Apprentice

Has he tried changing the phone name to remove the apostrophe?  Seems like the easiest way to find out.

steven_conn
Guide
Guide
Yes. He changed it in his iPhone to Scotty Phone but it still comes through in enabled devices as “Scotty’s Phone.” I have disabled it, clicked save, then (re-)enabled refreshed it and hit save but it still shows the apostrophe although he removed the ‘ in his phone name. I tried to permanently delete his device but read on a different thread there is no way to permanently delete old devices (since the string was started back in 2016). Me thinks it’s time to trash Arlo and buy something more sophisticated. Arlo obviously isn’t investing in their app or product. 😕