Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing log in/out

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
teedup
Guide
Guide

Arlo does not consistently track my location. When I leave home it doesn't switch to armed mode and I have to log out/in to arm it. I have the same problem when I get home. Is it necessary to leave the app open at all times? Also I have 2 users on the account but it sends me alerts (when its working properly) while the other user is home. This is not how geofencing should work. I have another device whos geofencing works flawlessly between my wife and I. If I ever have to leave town for a few days I will have to disable Arlo because I will get alerts all the time because it doesnt recognize her phone. I dont understand why Netgear cannot get geofencing to work properly with multiple devices. It's all very frustrating and the biggest flaw to an otherwise great security system.

1 REPLY 1
madkiwi
Luminary
Luminary

Yeah, nobody, including anyone at Netgear, has any idea how to resolve this. I have tried everything. Most of the time it recognizes that I am in or out of zone, but my wife's phone is never acknowledged.

But as often as not it doesn't recognize where I am. Even if I am home, and the mini map shows me RIGHT ON TOP OF THE HOME ICON it will say on the "Enabled Devices" page that I am out of zone.

Screenshot_20171125-092038.jpg