Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Rj223
Star
Star
Anyone else having issues with geofencing since the last update it seems? I am not getting push notification when I leave but seems to set cameras in my away mode but takes 10 minutes or so when I arrive home to change to my home setting but does eventually send the push for home mode. Already restarted the base station and no luck. Also selected of my phone as a device and then set it back on with the same results.
55 REPLIES 55
MyIQArLo
Apprentice
Apprentice
I can't see anything arlo related. This app is very clunky and attempts to create new terms. Not user friendly at all. I have 27 smart devices connected through alexa but didnt understand anything on this app. This is in response to the stringify suggestion. The tutorial didn't help much.
Brandtshawn52
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem. The Home mode will register, but the app will not trigger the change to the cameras to disarm. I will get the notification that I am home, but it will not change state till I open the app. So the app knows I’m home.
MyIQArLo
Apprentice
Apprentice
Welcome to the club. If you want speedy results, I hate to inform you, that is not an option here. Enjoy the other great aspects of the camera and system.
jack007
Tutor
Tutor

This system would get 10 stars if that were possible...sadly the geofencing issues are going to relegate an otherwise great product to substandard reviews; if they are not addressed at some point. We won't even get into the customer service, or lack thereof. Sad really...

Tim1234567
Initiate
Initiate
Still does not work. I have Several other products from different companies and their geo fencing works perfectly . I het Hope and the cameras go off for 20 min before it switches to home mode . Then it burns up my battery . Fix the issue or give us our money back
AbbaJabba
Aspirant
Aspirant
Seems to me geofencing is overkill. How about...if I'm home aka Bluetooth connected then internal cameras off. Why geofencing...seems like a bad plan. There's an easier way to tell I'm home.