Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing issues - modes don't change when entering or leaving zone

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
BobsYerUncle
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

Geofencing stopped working for me a while ago. I've tried the suggestions in the forums but nothing there seems to help. I have an iPhone 7 with iOS 15.7.1 and the latest version of the Arlo app (4.0.1).

Problem

The mode does not change between armed and disarmed when I leave or return to my home zone. If I am out of the zone and I manually switch to armed mode, and then switch back to geofencing mode, it will then recognize that I am out of the zone and arm the cameras. But then it will not switch back to disarmed when I return.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Setup details

2x Arlo Q, no base station
Arlo App Version 4.0.1
iPhone 7, iOS 15.7.1

Only one device for "Enabled Mobile Devices"

Settings:

• Precise location: On
  • Background app refresh: On
  • Geofencing In/Out Notifications: On
  • Notifications:
    • Allow
    • Immediate delivery
  • Cellular data On
  • Airplane Mode: Off

I've tried deleting and re-installing the app
I've logged out and back in
I've removed all devices, saved, re-added them and reactivated geofencing

I have tried the suggestions in these similar posts and others:

Geofencing doesn’t work when I return home
https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Geofencing-doesn-t-work-when-I-return-home/td-p/1509916

Why isn't the Geofencing mode working?
https://kb.arlo.com/000062271/Why-isn-t-the-Geofencing-mode-working

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Have you tried plugging the phone into a charger before you leave and enter the zone.

This is something that I need to do to have geofencing do the mode switching.

Most users I imagine plug the phone into a car charger so is never an issue but difficult for a biker or jogger unless they carry a portable battery pack.

Bdub753
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have exactly the same issue and have followed the exact same processes you have.  Is there anyone out there who can help us?

BobsYerUncle
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm sorry you're dealing with the same issue, but I'm glad I'm not the only one. It worked fine for a long time before it stopped without me making any changes that I am aware of. Was that your experience as well?

BobsYerUncle
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the input. For me it does not work in either case. I often leave the house by foot and without an external battery and by car with it plugged in.

BobsYerUncle
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JamesCDo you have any ideas here? I think Bdub753 and I have run out of things to try.

Bdub753
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have only just begun using multiple cameras and so new to using geofencing. So it has never worked in my device. I spoke with an arlo tech last week and was told Arlo is aware of the issue and that there are numerous bugs they are working on and to expect some updates in the future.