Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
royemello
Aspirant
Aspirant

not working since 10 /22 update

plx fix

8 REPLIES 8
DogWatchMe
Apprentice
Apprentice

I noticed that a new iPhone app version was released, Version 4.0.4.  I was excited to try it.  This new version has not addressed the geofencing issue.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi,

Can you provide more detail regarding the specific geofencing issue you are experiencing?  

DogWatchMe
Apprentice
Apprentice

IMG_5186.PNG

DogWatchMe
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just posted the iPhone screen shot above.  Still can't figure out how to control who the "specific people" are.  This seems to be the root of all of my geofencing problems.  It won't let me edit, delete, add, or anything.  The "iPhone" is not descriptive.  Neither myself, not my wife, ever just call our devices "iPhone" anywhere in the Arlo interface.  I just can't understand what is happening here, or how Arlo has divined these "specific people".  How come I can't just specify who the players are somewhere in the Arlo interface?

If I click on one of the names or images, I get nothing; no description; no phone number associated with it.  Of course, it "selects" it, but that's it.

Another problem: 1) click on the middle image; it's selected.  2) save, ...  3) come back in and recheck my work, there are now 2 images selected, the middle image and one of the "iPhone" images.  Arlo just decided to do this on its own. Obviously, it screws everything up.

I'm not trying to define the interface, but this is not working!!

I was really happy with the geofencing under Arlo Version 3.  It's been broken ever since I went to Arlo Version 4, with I need because I've added the Arlo Security System, to the cameras and other devices I already was using.

I don't see this as a pilot error, I see this as a huge defect in the Arlo SW.  

ShayneS, what are you hearing from the Arlo Engineering team about these issues?  From what I can see on the internet, and on this forum, I'm not the only one seeing this behavior.

Thanks much!!  Anxiously awaiting some feedback.

DogWatchMe
Apprentice
Apprentice

DogWatchMe_0-1674336916394.png

How come I can't edit geofencing automations in the Arlo Web interface.  Screen locks up as seen above.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@DogWatchMe

Is this still occurring? 

Thanks 

DogWatchMe
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes,

Everything mentioned above is still broken. Thanks for checking in.

As far as I'm concerned, it's a real mess.  How did this work in Ver. 3.x SW and so seriously broken in Ver 4.x SW?  We used to be in control of the devices used in geofencing.  Now for some reason the SW seems to divine what devices should be used.  Why so complicated and broken?  Someone was trying to be cleaver and totally broke things.  Please go back to allowing users to specify which devices are used for geofencing.  You'll see plenty of posts saying that devices that have not been used for 4 years are showing up.  This is just ridiculous.  Furthermore, there is no way to edit these.  This whole issue of the list of "specific people" showing "iphone", "iphone", ...  is surely a sign that things are clearly not working as they ought to be.  What is "iphone"?  Who is "iphone"?  Why can't I edit this list?  I'm disappointed!!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@DogWatchMe 

I have notified the team regarding these concerns and I will update the thread with new info as soon as possible.