Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing and Schedule

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Techteecher
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would like the cameras to be active when I leave my home and turn off when I return. However, when I go to sleep I would like the cameras to become active again even though I am home. I thought this would be possible with geofencing and schedule. However, when I try this it seems to only allow me to create a schedule that runs from like 8 am to 5 pm that the system is active. I would like the system to be active from something like 9 pm to 7 am. Whenever I try this I get an error message saying the start time must be earlier than... or something like that. Has anyone else been successful in having the cameras be active at night when they are asleep but not when when they are home and awake?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Each day is separated into 24 hours. You'll need to populate your schedule accordingly. It'll be something like armed 9pm til 11:59pm (or midnight) on a Sunday and midnight til 7am on a Monday. That will get you coverage from 9pm til 7am

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Each day is separated into 24 hours. You'll need to populate your schedule accordingly. It'll be something like armed 9pm til 11:59pm (or midnight) on a Sunday and midnight til 7am on a Monday. That will get you coverage from 9pm til 7am

Techteecher
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you! I now have the scheduling working. Using geofencing is having some trouble. When I leave it will say everything is armed but for the last two days nothing is recorded when I have left for work. I had the mail delivered and a large package and it didn't record anything. Before I used geofencing it would record all kinds of movement. So, it seems it is turning everything off when I leave. So, it seems that it is not arming the system when I leave. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Techteecher
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you! I now have the scheduling working. Using geofencing is having some trouble. When I leave it will say everything is armed but for the last two days nothing is recorded when I have left for work. I had the mail delivered and a large package and it didn't record anything. Before I used geofencing it would record all kinds of movement. So, it seems it is turning everything off when I leave. So, it seems that it is not arming the system when I leave. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.