Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
ndoab
Guide
Guide

I am trying to to figure out which phone is mine and which is my invited users phone.

We are both using iPhones and there are a bunch listed in the Specific People list.

I have updated my phone a few times over the period of using the Arlo App and they just seem to accumulate.

I have named my phone (via iPhone settings) and that does not seem to be listed.

Is there no way to clean the mess of geofencing up?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ndoab,

You can remove unused devices under Settings > Data Privacy > Account > Available Geofence Devices

JamesC

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ndoab,

You can remove unused devices under Settings > Data Privacy > Account > Available Geofence Devices

JamesC

ndoab
Guide
Guide

JamesC

You are a legend.

Didnt know the new app had the function. Can now also name my device.

Champions!!!

jamiek121
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks!

Murphy-5156
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there no way to view ALL trusted devices that are "linked" to one account?  I can't seem to find an entire list on either the iOS app or the browser app.  As an admin for the account I should be able to view/delete/edit the name of any and all trusted devices associated with my home, no?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I use the new user interface that uses Feed to view videos so if you're still on the old UI that uses Library, the process is likely somewhat different. 

When editing your geofencing, select the entry for what people/phones should be used. There's an Edit selection which allows you to remove old phones.

Bet43
Aspirant
Aspirant

The issue I have is there are no devices showing up in the automation to even allow geofencing to work.  There needs to be a way in the app to add/remove devices from within the automation.  OR a way for the devices to carry over from the privacy center to the automation section.  I deleted ALL of the devices from automation when there was an app update because I THOUGHT I would be able to add them back.  BUT CANNOT.  Can someone please clear this up.  I have been round and round with support with no help

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bet43,

Have you logged back in with the devices that are no longer showing? If you deleted them, you will need to log back in using those devices.

JamesC

Bet43
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried that unfortunately didn't work, also deleted the app and reinstalled.  No luck.  The cell phone devices are just gone in arrive/leave automation.  Even deleting arrive/leave and creating a new one.

The cell phones are in the privacy center, but no longer visible in automation arrive/leave.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bet43,

Are you using Android, iOS, or the web client? Do you see the same results on both the mobile app and the web client?

JamesC

Bet43
Aspirant
Aspirant

Using IOS and seeing the same thing on the web.

Bet43
Aspirant
Aspirant

James C any updates?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bet43,

The development team is currently investigating reports of this issue. Once I have more information to share, I will provide an update.

JamesC