Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Kingoftheblues
Aspirant
Aspirant
When I first purchased my Arlo camera I ordered several generic batteries from eBay, afterwards I read that it could cause a problem with the camera so I did not use them. I am really tempted to use these batteries but I would like to know if these stories are based on actual events or just gossip
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I would like to thank you for your posts and contributions! I want to make sure you take a look at an article outlining best practices when it comes to batteries. For those involved in this discussion I encourage you to review Remember these golden rules for your Arlo camera batteries along with BATTERY WARNINGS AND SAFETY.

We strongly recommend using one of the following types of batteries:

• The non-rechargeable batteries supplied with your Arlo Wire-Free cameras
  • Tenergy Li-Ion RCR123A 3.7V 650mAh rechargeable batteries specifically marked “Works with Arlo”
  • Non-rechargeable batteries from other high quality, established, well-known manufacturers such as Panasonic®, Energizer®, or Duracell®

NEVER try to recharge the C123A batteries that came with your Arlo camera as they are non-rechargeable.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Streak2
Master Master
Master

If you are talking about standard primary cells as opposed to rechargeables then there should be no problem at all.

If they are really cheap imported ones then they may not last as long.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Also, if they are LifePo type rechargeables... many had issues with esp short life.

Also the 3v rechargeable don't last long either.

what you should be looking for is 3.7 v li-ion in a  quality built , known name rcr123 or 16340 size cell.

They usu run 550 to 750 mahr ( thats the best you can get that are real ) and should contain a PCB for safety against over drain / overcharge issues

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Kingoftheblues
Aspirant
Aspirant
not the rechargeable batteries the regular disposable batteries, I will give them a try hopefully there will not be a problem if anyone has had a problem with generic batteries I would like to hear thank you
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I would like to thank you for your posts and contributions! I want to make sure you take a look at an article outlining best practices when it comes to batteries. For those involved in this discussion I encourage you to review Remember these golden rules for your Arlo camera batteries along with BATTERY WARNINGS AND SAFETY.

We strongly recommend using one of the following types of batteries:

• The non-rechargeable batteries supplied with your Arlo Wire-Free cameras
  • Tenergy Li-Ion RCR123A 3.7V 650mAh rechargeable batteries specifically marked “Works with Arlo”
  • Non-rechargeable batteries from other high quality, established, well-known manufacturers such as Panasonic®, Energizer®, or Duracell®

NEVER try to recharge the C123A batteries that came with your Arlo camera as they are non-rechargeable.