Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

For original Arlo, how do I change settings sensitivity for recording? Can't find on app on mode.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Crayola1
Aspirant
Aspirant

For the original Arlo Cameras how do I change settings sensitivity for recording?
I can’t find it on the App even when I go into the app mode settings. There’s no option I see for changing recording settings. I want to make it so that it records less motion like cars and people walking by. Or change the area of coverage?
Is this an option on the Arlo app?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Read the various FAQs here in the support area on your cameras. To change sensitivity, go to the Mode tab, click on your base and edit your mode(s). Create custom modes if you want full control. All of this is spelled out in detail in the FAQs.

As for coverage area, these cameras only support zoom to position the area of interest. However, the PIR sensor still covers the original area and can't be changed. Control what to not over by changing the camera's view/position, again covered in the FAQs.

Crayola1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi when I got to MODE on the iphone App it only has 3 options ARMED DISARMED or SCHEDULE

They can't be modified besides schedule which only lets you modify dates

I can't find a place to edit the actual sensitivity or video

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Crayola1 wrote:

They can't be modified besides schedule which only lets you modify dates

I can't find a place to edit the actual sensitivity or video

You need to adjust the rule in the Mode that you tell the Schedule to use.

So, if you have a schedule  that enables the Armed mode, you edit the rule within the Armed mode.

Pick the Rule for a particular device, go to the Motion is detected entry and adjust the sensitivity.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime