Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
jdlaflen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

When I click the sync button on the basestsation the LED below the camera image flashes green versus a solid green.  Is this expected (from the documentation it sounds like it should be a solid green).  Neither of my cameras are able to sync with the station.

Thanks in advance,

Jamie

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes...it is suppose to flash green.... Make sure you do a quick push on the base sync button ( do not hold long ).

Reset camera by briefly opening battery door and then try sync again...watch what the leds do on the camera front.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
jdlaflen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the quick response.  In that case I am not sure why I cannot sync either camera.  The camera that had synced prior had it's batteries die and then when I replaced the batteries it showed up as offline in the website.  I have another brand new camera that also couldn't sync with the base.  Both cameras have the same behavior, flash blue for ~5-10 seconds then flash yellow before turning off.

Should I reset the base?  I have already tried deleting + adding the base via the website.  

jdlaflen
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also tried rebooting the base as well as removing + adding the batteries without luck.  When I attempt to pair the cameras are 4 inches from the base.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I would contact Netgear for a trouble ticket... they ( after a bit ) should be able to work things out.

Morse is faster than texting!
terrymcgrady100
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can't get ANY green light!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

New system?  Return it to the store and swap for another. At the very least you should have a green power LED.  If not, either the power supply or the base is bad.