Batteries not lasting more than a couple of days

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Beetle02
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have one camera out of eight that the batteries only last 2 or 3 days.  It gets very little use, maybe every other day it might pick up motion and record.  I use Duracell batteries and I check them before I install them.  I called tech support and they are blaming the batteries I'm using.  They are sending me some batteries.  I think it is a camera  problem.  The first set lasted about a week.  I thought it might have been too far from the base station so I reloacted it to about 20' from the base station.  The next set lasted a couple of days.  The third set (used but still read over 3 volts) only lasted about 12 hours.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Beetle02
Aspirant
Aspirant

I shoud have updated this weeks ago.  I installed the batteries that Netgear sent me and they lasted about a day and a half.  Support then agreed it was the camera and sent me a new one.

Thanks for the responses.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Swap the bad camera with a good one.  If the problem stays with the camera, it's obviously the camera.

j-f
Aspirant
Aspirant
1.2.4941 firmware I have swap it and still batteries do not last , just install a new set after not even a month initially and today they are down to 55% whereas the other camera installed at the same time the battery is at 89% ???? I also like to mention I just had to sync both cameras again today .
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Then contact support using the Support link above. If it's bad hardware, that's the only way to get it replaced.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

j-f,

Camera firmware 1.2.7730 released recently with fixes addressing battery optimization. Has your camera updated to this firmware?

You can see the release notes for this firmware here: Release Notes – Base Station FW 1.7.8_7427 and Camera FW 1.2.7730 14th September 2016

JamesC

Beetle02
Aspirant
Aspirant

I shoud have updated this weeks ago.  I installed the batteries that Netgear sent me and they lasted about a day and a half.  Support then agreed it was the camera and sent me a new one.

Thanks for the responses.

Pet1700
Apprentice
Apprentice
How can I force the update? My base station and cameras have not yet updated.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The only way to "try" and force a sw upgrade is to reboot the base via the power button and wait over night.... the other option is a bit messy with a full reset.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

My base and camera hadn't updated for a couple of days so I restarted the base using Settings, My Devices, base, Restart button.  That caused the update to occur for both the base and camera.