Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
cherry-pie
Star
Star

Whenever viewing a video in the Arlo library on my phone, the video will play in landscape mode if my phone is tilted slightly. I have the Screen Rotation turned off on my phone so nothing should ever play in landscape mode. However, there is an error in code with the Arlo app because the app is overriding the fact that screen rotation is locked in portrait mode on my phone. Instead of the Arlo app automatically playing a video sideways if the phone is tilted, it Should be programmed with a button that changes the video to landscape mode if the user so chooses. That way the user is not forced to turn the phone back and forth to get the video to play normally. This is a big annoyance as I often check the library and sometimes do so when laying down or not exactly sitting upright. I dont want the Arlo app turning the video if i didn't ask it to and looking at my phone not completely upright is not asking the video to play sideways. That is why all other apps provide a button to turn videos sideways; because users dont want the app being intrusive and rotating things unwantedly. Please fix the app and stop the automatic rotation of videos and instead provide a button that gives the option to rotate videos. Currently, there is no setting in the app for this and there is no setting in the Arlo app settings in my phone to stop this. This is clearly a piece of code that is overriding the android phone settings and it should be fixed.

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

this doesn't happen on my android S7... you don't mention what phone your using?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Stuster01
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same thing is happening on my Pixel 5. Arlo video playback overrides the screen rotate lock if the phone is slightly titled towards landscape. Please fix, it's awfully frustrating.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I can verify this happens on my Pixel 5, too.  I don't see it as earth-shattering but if it isn't supposed to work that way, it shouldn't. I suspect it isn't a bug but just how Google allows non-Google apps to operate.