Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Firmware update

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
Scrivello
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just installed a camera outside. Had been working indoors without incident.

Worked fine at first, then, instead of showing a view from the cam, it told me to update the camera’s firmware. When I pressed “Update Camera,” it appeared to do an update, but then reverted to the same window telling me to update. Same thing happened when I went to device settings for the camera: under “Device Info/Firmware” it said that an Update is available, but when I pressed “Update Firmware,” and then “Yes (to confirm),” it seemed to be updating (camera showed lights), then showed me the screen with what I assume is the old firmware version and “No updates available.” Previous screen once again said that “Update is Available.” When I tried to do an update on the Arlo site, it said “Upgrade failed - camera rejected upgrade request.”  Meanwhile, of course, I don’t have access to that camera’s view.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Scrivello
Aspirant
Aspirant

Follow-up.

I tried one last time with the camera near the hub, and it seems to have worked! Curious, because when I updated the other of my two cameras, it did fine at the same distance from the hub where the problem occurred in the troublesome one.

[And an observation about Netgear Support: Live chat gave me just an empty window, and there is no Support email given that I can find.]