Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Aashishkebab
Apprentice
Apprentice

Screenshot_20231022-111219.png

Yes I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling (which support has advised me to do 12 times for various issues I've had).

Nothing in the new Arlo app works. NOTHING. Even support chats will get reset if you leave the app and come back, leaving you to start a new chat. Abd the file attachment button is broken.

You get random error messages when you sign in because of arbitrary max limits to trusted devices. Sometimes the service is down and you can't log in.

There's no good way to change which camera is on what plan (for example, if I want to take my doorbell off of Secure Plus and instead put it on my indoor camera, I don't see a way).

I also had Google Home integration broken until I RENAMED my devices and then renamed them back (and regardless there were errors messages galore).

But worst of all, the Feed randomly stopped working and isn't showing any videos. So my security cameras are completely and utterly useless. I don't think I've seen such a high level of incompetence from any other security company, ever. Or really any company that makes any products of any kind.

Best answers
  • BrookeN
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating reports of this behavior. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

102 REPLIES 102
brainpicnic
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, replying to Brook, that didn't make any difference.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you please send me screenshots of what you are seeing?

brainpicnic
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Brook. Here are two showing what I see. In both pictures the loading arrow is moving around the circle and never stops. Jake is the name of this particular camera, I have two cameras, both feeds are impaired.

Screenshot_20231213_092915_Arlo Secure.jpgScreenshot_20231213_092804_Arlo Secure.jpg

devaja
Star
Star

We are having this issue just starting a few days ago too. Geofencing was not working but now that is working but this just started. My wife is a shared account. I see everything just fine but now when she goes to a thumbnail in the Feed to view a video it just says "Label" on a black screen and won't play. I've checked all settings and she has access to everything and is an Admin. I have no issues at all on my phone. She has an iPhone 12 on the latest mobile app version.

devaja
Star
Star

We had issues with no mobile devices showing up to setup Geofencing with and a long standing open case (still open) but that magically got fixed and geofencing is setup and working again....   Now fast forward 1-2 days to now...

My wife can no longer see any Feed recorded videos on her mobile device (iPhone 12) from the 2 locations we have non-expired subscriptions for. This was working fine while Geofencing was broken funny enough. I have no problems with anything but she clicks the viewable thumbnails at either Location and she just gets a black screen and the word "Label" where a video should play. I've checked all setting and she still has access to everything (In settings) and is an "Admin" at both locations but no viewable videos. I checked her permissions in my app as well as in the desktop browser version. We also signed her out and back in to the mobile app as well with no change. We are both on the latest Arlo Secure iOS app version too.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

To be clear, you both also see the same user interface (UI), right? If one sees Library (old UI) to view recordings while the other sees Feed (new UI), the one with Library needs to migrate the account to the new UI.

devaja
Star
Star

Oh yes same Secure app. We both had to upgrade when we got the Pro 5s about a month ago. To be clear this just stopped working some time over the past week when they got geofencing working. I don't know what they did to get our devices showing up again but I just went into Automations/Geofencing a few days back and that was fixed and I could setup rules again with them. So now she only has this issue as a Shared Account Admin. Same UI.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The typical suggestion for things like this is to reboot the phone and reinstall the app. I don't use iOS so can't comment on anything else that could be related.

lisawooden
Initiate
Initiate

Has this issue been addressed or figured out yet? (When I click on a thumbnail in my feed to play the video, I get a black screen that says "label" on it. The video will not play back.)

Support has NOT been helpful at all.

devaja
Star
Star
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still seeing this behavior as of this morning? Can you uninstall the app and reinstall it and see if it is the same behavior? Are you on iOS or android? Also, is this the same behavior on a web browser?

devaja
Star
Star

We are still seeing it...I uninstalled and reinstalled the app on her phone. We both see Feed videos just fine on Desktop browser however. Her with her Shared account and me with mine. I uninstalled and reinstalled the mobile app too on her phone. iPhone 12 on latest Arlo Secure app. and latest iOS version. Added screenshot of what she sees for any Feed videos in just Arlo Secure mobile app although the thumbnails in Feed all look normal

Screenshot 2023-12-15 at 11.50.35 AM.png

JediShaz
Initiate
Initiate

I am having the same issue. I was able to see my feed up until 2 weeks ago. Before you ask, no my subscription hasn't expired. When I go on my app, it doesn't seem to acknowledge the fact that I have a subscription. I still get alerts and notifications but nothing is uploaded on my feed. I only bought the camera 2 months ago and everything was working well until I encountered the issue with the feed. I've read various troubleshooting posts, followed all the advice and nothing seems to work. I was going to buy 2 more Arlo cameras but I've changed my mind after this awful experience. Customer support is awful too. I raised a ticket with them on the 12/12/2023, I've not had a response but they've marked it as closed. I want to get my money back and I will buy a camera from a different provider. 

brainpicnic
Aspirant
Aspirant

My feed started loading again on my phone.

Natassia
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having the exact same issue. Were you able to figure out how to resolve it?

Aashishkebab
Apprentice
Apprentice

For me this happened when I bought a new device and removed the old device from my library but kept the paid subscription for it.

It bugged out.

devaja
Star
Star

@BrookeNAny developer updates since I sent the device log(s) last week? Thanks.

Rheumstar
Initiate
Initiate

I too am having the same issue with inability to view videos on any camera. Like others have mentioned, when try to view it says “label”. I am the only one on this account. Please assist. 

ARDEB
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having this same issue today. My “free trial” expired and I renewed and paid and now suddenly I cannot see anything in my feed? All just say Label? How is this resolved so my cameras aren’t useless? I bought a second one and will not be setting myself up for all of these issues I keep reading about … 

Dodgers23232323
Aspirant
Aspirant

In the app, go to feed -> feed settings -> change the thumbnail size to one of the other two setting sizes, then change back to your desired size, that should fix the problem. 

gladoshi
Guide
Guide

This has not affected the issue for us. We are still experiencing it with our family except for the account owner. Everyone else is a full admin. Arlo needs to address (or at least acknowledge) this ASAP or we will be requesting a refund and cancelling our membership to move to Nest or Ring.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@gladoshi wrote:

We are still experiencing it with our family except for the account owner.

Is the issue that the friend accounts aren't seeing any recordings?

If so, can you check whether

• the primary account shows "Library" in the app, or whether it shows "Feed" and Dashboard" instead?
  • also whether the friend accounts are showing "Library" or whether they are showing "Feed"?

All the accounts need to match (either all showing "Library" or all showing "Feed").  You can migrate an account from "Library" -> "Feed", but you cannot migrate back.

The trick to migrate an account to "Feed" is to go into "add device" and start to add a Pro 5s camera.  Since you don't have one, the workflow can't be completed.  But one of early steps will migrate the account to "Feed".

There are some challenges with "Feed".  One limitation is that it has no custom modes - only the three built-in modes (Armed Home, Armed Away, and Standby).  You can edit these as desired, but you cannot creat new modes.  There also are challenges getting scheduling and geofencing working correctly.  I suggest making sure that these issues won't affect the primary account owner before migration (since it cannot be undone).

toorad2b4u
Initiate
Initiate

I just tried this but it didn’t work 😞

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@toorad2b4u wrote:

I just tried this but it didn’t work 😞

Are all accounts now showing "feed"?

Does the invitation show up as "accepted" in the primary account?

Kimmc
Initiate
Initiate

Has anyone figured this out yet????