Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Feed is blank

Discussion stats
Aashishkebab
Apprentice
Apprentice

Screenshot_20231022-111219.png

Yes I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling (which support has advised me to do 12 times for various issues I've had).

Nothing in the new Arlo app works. NOTHING. Even support chats will get reset if you leave the app and come back, leaving you to start a new chat. Abd the file attachment button is broken.

You get random error messages when you sign in because of arbitrary max limits to trusted devices. Sometimes the service is down and you can't log in.

There's no good way to change which camera is on what plan (for example, if I want to take my doorbell off of Secure Plus and instead put it on my indoor camera, I don't see a way).

I also had Google Home integration broken until I RENAMED my devices and then renamed them back (and regardless there were errors messages galore).

But worst of all, the Feed randomly stopped working and isn't showing any videos. So my security cameras are completely and utterly useless. I don't think I've seen such a high level of incompetence from any other security company, ever. Or really any company that makes any products of any kind.

Best answers
  • BrookeN
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating reports of this behavior. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

102 REPLIES 102
raykenneth
Aspirant
Aspirant

iPhone. I’ve literally tired everything then you guys close my case. 

raykenneth
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any update before I cancel my subscriptions and go with a different brand. I have people coming and going out of my house and now I can’t see it. 

Aashishkebab
Apprentice
Apprentice

Please cancel your subscription and trash Arlo in every review place you can.

They deserve no less for making the worst product stack of any company in any category in history.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This will be resolved with an upcoming update, please keep an eye out for the update. 

raykenneth
Aspirant
Aspirant

How soon will it be done?

Cause its been months of not being able to view my feed and having it just say Label

Aashishkebab
Apprentice
Apprentice

This issue has been around for years. Arlo ain't doing **bleep**.

gladoshi
Guide
Guide

Good news! Version 4.12, which just appeared in the iOS App Store for me, fixes the issue. A few weeks ago, an engineer from Arlo reached out to hop on a Zoom call with me to troubleshoot the issue. They mentioned that v4.12 should fix the issue, but that the update was going through internal QA. I didn't want to share something here at the time to avoid raising hopes unnecessarily, but now that the update is out, I can confirm that, at least for me, the issue seems to be resolved. Thank you for troubleshooting this, Arlo – hopefully the development team didn't have to compromise security/encryption in order to fix the issue.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Amazing to hear! We never compromise security/encryption. If anyone within the thread is still seeing the issue after the update please let me know. 

MitchCity
Aspirant
Aspirant

IMG_8514.png

IMG_8515.jpeg

Hasn’t work for over a week now! I have tried everything. Deleted app, reinstalled, deleted all trusted devices, restarted every camera/Base station and still dose not work. I get notifications bot nothing shows up/Cant see anything in feed

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The 4.12 update is still rolling out. Have you received that update yet?

MitchCity
Aspirant
Aspirant

No update in App Store

IMG_8518.png

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The update is still rolling out, it will be completed by the 20th of this month. That update should resolve the behavior you are seeing. 

MitchCity
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, Thanks!

MowMdown
Initiate
Initiate

@BrookeN 

ITS WORKING!!!! Update 4.12 fixed it for us!

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Perfect! Thank you for letting me know. 

ChloeCap
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also having this same issue

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@ChloeCap were you able to update to 4.12?

JzCastle
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a similar problem.

I am the admin and everything works as normal. I have shared user rights to my wife and her mode-page is empty, nothing shows in that page. It has been a week now (app 4.12 / iPhone). She can see the cameras and view live feed but can't see / change any modes.

I have tried deleting, re-installing the app various ways but no help. I also deleted her access rights and added them again with no suceess.

Näyttökuva 2024-02-20 kello 19.15.34.jpeg

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you check in the App Store for any updates?

JzCastle
Aspirant
Aspirant

No updates.

It started around the same time as the app was last updated to 4.12, 6 days ago.

MitchCity
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still not working for me. I even tried downloading the app on an old Android phone I have. Says I have 12 videos But feed is still empty 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you authorized users or the main account holder?

MitchCity
Aspirant
Aspirant

 I’m the main account holder. Here is screenshots of the android phone I tried it on

IMG_8560.png

IMG_8561.png

  

IMG_8563.png

JzCastle
Aspirant
Aspirant

As mentioned, I am the admin and everything works as normal. I have shared user rights to my wife and hers is not working.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@JzCastle on the app does yours show library or feed? What about your wife's?

@MitchCity log out of your account and then log back in.