Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
waltster65
Follower
Follower

NOTHING has changed. My base unit and my cameras are all in the same place that they have been in for at least two years. The amount of usage has not changed. NOTHING has changed. When I first installed the ARLO cameras two years ago my batteries would easily last 4-6 months. Earlier this summer the batteries started draining much faster. Now I am down to one week. Seriously, I changed the batteries last weekend in two cameras and they are now dead. What gives? As best as I can tell the firmware is up-to-date (1.2.11810)

81 REPLIES 81
langrock
Guide
Guide

People, please stop suggesting to 'upgrade' to the Pro models. That's just insane. Not only because those cameras suffered the same battery issues, but also because it took Arlo so long to fix it after breaking it. Who guarantees that they won't break it again at a convenient time when the Pro 3 comes out? Never, ever again Arlo products, that's what I would suggest.

JPR2345
Star
Star

I wasted so much money on batteries due to this never-ending firmware issue that I just got too frustrated with them, and replaced my Arlo system with Nest. Waayyy happier now. I’ve probably already started saving money, due to having to buy new batteries every few days. And guess what... the Nest cameras don’t miss any of the action either; they capture the whole event from the beginning, not halfway through. 

langrock
Guide
Guide

I hear you. We have an outdoor Nest camera and it's been working just fine. The subscription service is expensive, though. I wished one could integrate that camera into a homemade system somehow.

JPR2345
Star
Star
Yep. I’m subscribed to the $5 per month plan, but that’s still cheaper than $25 every 3 months for batteries.... and that’s when the cameras were working properly; since the firmware problems were introduced, I was starting to spend $25 a ‘week’ on batteries. So compared to Arlo’s current software, Nest is a downright bargain! LOL!
langrock
Guide
Guide

LOL. You just saved me some money;-) I was on the 10-day ($100/year) plan. Didn't realize that there now is a $50/year plan. Much more reasonable and makes me wonder if I shouldn't replace the Arlo's with another Nest cam ... so much less grief and continuous recording + decent object recognition. Thanks.

Micolabn
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was sure hoping the firmware update for my base station would be helpful.      As i have just an "Arlo", and not the "Pro" models, the cameras did nto seem to get an update.

I have 5 cameras. They were totaslly off from  26 SEP to 3 Oct.  During that time period, 4 camera remained the same and one camera lost 1 percentage point.  GREAT

However, the cameras were on for  3 hours on the 3rd.     4 had no change and one dropped 10% points [ in 3 hours] and it recorded NOTHING.     Yes, night vision is off.    

WHY?

Micolabn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well after the latest updates, I thought things would be back to normal.  WRONG

On the 18th, I turned all cameras off. 

On the 21st, I thurned them on to leave the house.

4 cameras showed no change. 

The camera [ which is indoors and 2 feet from the base]  dropped from  65% to 5%

How do I trust a camera which dropped 60% in 3 days when off?       Hope you all have better luck/

I am looking for a new system