Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 13 In Conversation
EbenFowler
Initiate
Initiate

I am able to connect with my camera through the iPhone app, but when I try to look at a real time feed from the web portal (Windos 7 computer) when I click the arrow, it comes back with "connection failed." Any idea why one works and the other doesn't?

Thanks.

20 REPLIES 20
Jay
Aspirant
Aspirant

You wrote:

I am able to connect with my camera through the iPhone app, but when I try to look at a real time feed from the web portal (Windos 7 computer) when I click the arrow, it comes back with "connection failed." Any idea why one works and the other doesn't?

I have exactly the same problem. Did somebody help you?

Thanks

JennC
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi EbenFowler,

We apologize but currently, you can only use your Arlo account on one LAN device at a time, it is just either the smart phone or the computer. It will log you out from the first LAN device that got in once you logged in on another.

You may try adding a friend instead and permit it to access your Arlo, with or without admin rights:

Can I create multiple accounts on my base station?

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/Can-I-create-multiple-accounts-on-my-base-stati...

How do I add friends to my Arlo account?

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-add-friends-to-my-Arlo-account/ta-p/40

Accessing Arlo with multiple concurrent logins has been discussed and requested already, please see link below:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/Allow-multiple-concurrent-logins/idi-p/384

Hope this helps. 

Regards,

JennC
NETGEAR Community Team
BrianL
Master
Master

Hi @Jay,

As my colleague have mentioned, we can only use a single Arlo account on one device (PC, Mobile or Tablet) at a time. If the same account has been used, It will log you out from the first device and on the second device it will let you continue to navigate.  

For the time being you can create and allow a secondary user to login and navigate your cameras and recording (with or without admin rights). Here are some helpful links from our Knowledge base site.

Can I create multiple accounts on my base station?

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/Can-I-create-multiple-accounts-on-my-base-stati...

How do I add friends to my Arlo account?

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-add-friends-to-my-Arlo-account/ta-p/40

Just let me know if you have further questions.

Kind regards,

BrianL
Arlo Team

DaveSill
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem, which is not trying to access Arlo from multiple devices at the same time. The problem is that viewing cameras live via web browsers results in "connection failed". This is using Chrome, which used to work fine. I've tried Firefox, too, which I've never gotten to work. With Firefox, now, trying to watch live video results in "The Adobe Flash plugin has crashed."

JohnR
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello DaveSill, 

Since you have mentioned that you are experiencing the issue by using a web browsers, we need to make sure that the flash plugins are updated.Upon checking your cameras on our data center, I can eliminate the possibility of a weak signal. If your flash plugins are already updated and still experience the same issue, please click this article and follow the suggestions. 

I'll be waiting for your response. 

Thanks, 

JohnR

Arlo Team

Thanks,

JohnR
Netgear Community Team
DaveSill
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, JohnR.

Chrome's flash support is built-in, so there's nothing I can do to update it beyond running the latest version of Chrome, which I am. I just updated Firefox's Flash plugin to 11.2.202.481 and it's still crashing.

The knowledge base article points to port 80 outbound being blocked on the network to which Arlo is attached. That's not the case, and I think the fact that videos are showing up in the library and that live video is viewable via the Arlo Android app confirms that.

This is pretty clearly a browser-specific problem.

BrianL
Master
Master

Hi DaveSill,

I can see that both your base station and cameras are up to date. With regard to the problem that you raised with live view on your web browser, have you tried clearing the cache or resetting the browser itself? Have you also tried it on another PC?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

BrianL

Arlo Team

DaveSill
Aspirant
Aspirant

Clearing the cache has no effect. Yes, I've tried multiple PCs.

Rudy
Apprentice
Apprentice

i have the same problem intermittently.

Its an issue with the service or server/cloud/app that Netgear is providing

BrianL
Master
Master

Hi DaveSill,

I think its best if you will contact our support team to further check and troubleshoot this issue that you are experiencing. 

Kind regards,

BrianL

Arlo Team

Rudy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes tried that, it remains unsolved.

BrianL
Master
Master

Hi Rudy,

I’ve sent you a private message to collect more information regarding the problem that you have with your Arlo Security System and on what happened with our support group. 

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

BrianL

Arlo Team

Shana
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem. I can view the cameras from the app on my phone. But I cannot view them from my desktop computer. Just tells me that the connection failed. I do not have both running at the same time. My app on my phone is off but still cannot view on desktop. Please help.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If you can view on your phone, the system is working... Try and use a different browser to see if that fixes the problem.

Chrome, Firefox and IE are the normal approved

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
MyArlo
Guide
Guide

With all due respect...

If the "connection fails" on any browser into the arlo environment, it's NOT working.

This issue for me recently started.  Having perused a number of threads on this subject, NO users appear to have overcome the issue and Netgear needs to own the solution.

If someone HAS overcome and achieved success with this activity, please speak up.

Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

However, if it DOES work using the app, Arlo is working and it's something about your computers and/or network that's blocking communication.  Does the app work on BOTH 3G/4G and home WiFi?  That may give a clue.

pixy_stix
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. I can connect from my iPhone for live view but can no longer view live feed from my desktop windows 7. I used to be able to view from my desktop as well. Now no desktop live feed.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Restart the browser. Clear the browser's cache. Try a different browser.

daddio1954
Aspirant
Aspirant

I still have the same problem as well with my Mac using Safari. My system is the most up to date it can be, cookies are allowed, I have no virus software and my firewall is off. I've tried Firefox as well. I realize that you cannot view the cameras from more than one device at time but my ccopmuter NEVER can access the cameras for viewing. I can control all other aspects of the system. Any new ideas?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Flash is required for live view and some browsers are moving away from that.  Firefox specifically needs Flash installed but don't know about Safari - I suspect it does, too.  Chrome has Flash built-in but is deprecating it.

On a side note, unless you meant that you have no A/V or firewall just for testing, I don't care what system you're using - use both of them.