Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Error - Your Arlo device appears offline - Again and Again

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Hairfarm
Star
Star

I keep getting this error if I log into Arlo via Andriod app or website: "Your Arlo device appears offline."

I have three green status lights on the base station. Arlo is listed as having a valid I.P. address in my routers DHCP client list. I've reset the base station with paperclip which worked for awhile but lost my settings. Error is back. I also blew out the app cache and reinstalled. This system is really bumming me out. 

Went away for a week on vacation and Arlo totally went offline the second day of my trip. Lame.

Any ideas why Arlo no longer functions? It used to work ok.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hairfarm
Star
Star

Hi,

My bad! The amber light and green light look similar. So, what I actually thought were three green lights was actually Green-Amber-Green. Internet light was amber.

My 8 port switch had gone bad. Once I replaced the 8 port switch all was good again.

Next time I'll have to look at the light more closely make sure that they are all green. Color blindness?

thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hairfarm,

If you have reset the base with a paper clip this means the system has been manually factory reset. You would then need to log in to your Arlo account and remove the base station under Settings > My Devices. After it has been removed, click "Add device" on the cameras screen and select base station to add it back to your account, then go through the process of syncing cameras.

After performing the above, are you still experiencing this behavior?

JamesC

Hairfarm
Star
Star

Hi,

My bad! The amber light and green light look similar. So, what I actually thought were three green lights was actually Green-Amber-Green. Internet light was amber.

My 8 port switch had gone bad. Once I replaced the 8 port switch all was good again.

Next time I'll have to look at the light more closely make sure that they are all green. Color blindness?

thanks!

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I placed a small section of tin foil under the leds... it reflects the light making them easier to see while on shelf. ( would have perferred icons lit instead for a front on view )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hairfarm,

I am glad to hear the issue is resolved. Thanks for the follow up!

JamesC