Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Extending Arlo rage via two base stations (VMB3000)

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ShmelbaMama
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello Arlo Community,

I've 4 Arlo cameras which have been working fine for the past year and wish to get better range as 2 of the cameras are some what far from the base station.

I have an extra base station and ethernet to it.  Can I use this extra base station to extend some cameras?  I'm feeling that I may need to get a pro account to do this although I don't have over 5 cameras.

I am looking for the most elegant solution and may wish to get a few more cameras so a pro account is not absurd for me.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks in adavce.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
brh
Master
Master

I am on the basic plan so far, (5 cameras). I had 3 HD cameras and one pro on the original base. At Christmas I got a good deal on a Pro base and 1 Pro camera kit, so I purchased it. I bought an inexpensive Netgear range extender, plugged it into the wall and plugged the Pro base into it using the provided ethernet cable. So now I have 2 base units. When the weather warms, I plan on getting up on the ladder and changing the first Pro camera to the new base so that I can use two way talk.

Brian

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
brh
Master
Master

I am doing that. There is no limit to how many base stations you can use without affecting your subscription.

Brian

brh
Master
Master

Of course, you will have to remove the cameras with low signal strength from the current base and re sync them to the new base.

Brian

ShmelbaMama
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Excellent, thank you.  So you have a few base stations uisjng 1 account and an Arlo Pro account I'm assuming?

They seem cheap enough at ~$100/year for upto 10 cameras.

brh
Master
Master

I am on the basic plan so far, (5 cameras). I had 3 HD cameras and one pro on the original base. At Christmas I got a good deal on a Pro base and 1 Pro camera kit, so I purchased it. I bought an inexpensive Netgear range extender, plugged it into the wall and plugged the Pro base into it using the provided ethernet cable. So now I have 2 base units. When the weather warms, I plan on getting up on the ladder and changing the first Pro camera to the new base so that I can use two way talk.

Brian

ShmelbaMama
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Wow thank you all for the enlightening posts.  I had no idea that I could use both my base staions, this is superb!

Thanks again.